Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Gove making sure everyone gets this. He really is a little cunt. 

Kensington went to the Tories too not sure if that includes Notting Hill?  Sam Gymah played a massive Grenfel card the faux Tory cunt in the full knowledge he was never going to win the seat himself. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I mean, I feel bad for Tom, but the fact she was seriously considered potential leadership material was mental. This at least removes that problem. 

Agreed. To me, she was another of them who'd never left the 6th form common room, packed full of principle & passion but no discernible common sense or political acumen. Trouble is they want a woman and if Momentum & Unite/CWU keep their strangle hold on the party it'll be Long Bailey who's another one. 

Tough for Tom, I've often toyed with getting involved with local Labour but I'm too much of s cynical bastard to believe in other people to any great extent when it comes to politics. I admire anyone who gives that much of a toss 👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Durham Miner's Gala for the next 5 years held in a Tory held constituency beggars belief 

aye.

i was there for this in trafalgar square....

https://m.soundcloud.com/mattieu-varnham/miner-david-douglas-gives

thatcher, johnson it's immaterial. these people will rip the hearts of communities and not give a fuck and they'll still be voted in.

utterly depressing

21 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Kensington went to the Tories too not sure if that includes Notting Hill?  Sam Gymah played a massive Grenfel card the faux Tory cunt in the full knowledge he was never going to win the seat himself. 

Aye reprehensible stuff from him. And now he gets to pursue a life outside of politics. 

I think Swinson has had a shocker these past few months but it's hard not to feel a bit sorry for her. Joined the Lib Dems in her teens, wanted to be a politician all her life, finally gets to lead her party and within months she's out of the game. 

But then if she and Corbyn hadn't been such egotistical cunts we'd be waking up to a very different world this morning, so any sympathy is pretty shortlived. 

Fuck me

Lad here who's had health issues, complained a few weeks ago he couldn't get a GP's appointment.  His last GP's was shut down.  His wife has just come out of hospital after an operation.

He's of Indian descent and we were talking about certain area's going to Tory.  We couldn't believe it.  He then said 'Well Bradford still Labour because of a Paki in charge'  He is racist as fuck towards Muslims.  I stopped him and said, wait on, who did you vote for.

Tory

• Jaysus... 1

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Fuck me

Lad here who's had health issues, complained a few weeks ago he couldn't get a GP's appointment.  His last GP's was shut down.  His wife has just come out of hospital after an operation.

He's of Indian descent and we were talking about certain area's going to Tory.  We couldn't believe it.  He then said 'Well Bradford still Labour because of a Paki in charge'  He is racist as fuck towards Muslims.  I stopped him and said, wait on, who did you vote for.

Tory

Fuck 'em! 

I've sat in work this week and listened to some one dimensional cockney cunt spout on about he'll never vote Labour cos he's worked hard all his life. And then the morbidly obese lass talking about how she's seen a homeless bloke in trainers her husband would love, so how can he really be homeless. 

I have to put my fucking headphones in or I'd get the sack. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Agreed. To me, she was another of them who'd never left the 6th form common room, packed full of principle & passion but no discernible common sense or political acumen. Trouble is they want a woman and if Momentum & Unite/CWU keep their strangle hold on the party it'll be Long Bailey who's another one. 

Tough for Tom, I've often toyed with getting involved with local Labour but I'm too much of s cynical bastard to believe in other people to any great extent when it comes to politics. I admire anyone who gives that much of a toss 👍

I read an interview with Pidcock where she was saying she could never be friends with a Tory. I get the sentiment, but you can't expect to operate in high level politics, a game that is entirely about compromise, with that even just as your outlook, never mind a thing that you actually say out loud.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJS said:

Electoral system is bullshit like - Labour got 800k more votes than 2005 - it's the spread/location/turnout that matters. 

Aye the votes per seat charts that are floating about are rank. Only gonna get worse too with the incoming Tory boundary changes. 

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I have to put my fucking headphones in or I'd get the sack. 

i feel your pain mate. i've got today off.

tomorrow night is my works christmas drinks night.

ii's best i don't go, i despair for the stupidity of some the people i work with when they're sober, never mind pissed.

i have no desire to spend a night in the cells.

• Like 2

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

i feel your pain mate. i've got today off.

tomorrow night is my works christmas drinks night.

ii's best i don't go, i despair for the stupidity of some the people i work with when they're sober, never mind pissed.

i have no desire to spend a night in the cells.

Same mate, off work today specifically because of this potential outcome. I cannot be in the same room as that cockney wanker and the melted candle today. 

Working from home today. I’ve shut down loads of politics talk in the office previously but can’t be arsed with it today. 

These are proper working class tradesmen voting Tory and being proud about it, it’s properly sent my head west.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

We are a conservative country by nature. If one of Corbyn’s disciples replaces him, brace for a another decade of Tory rule 

It's a decade of Tory rule, either way. I'm amazed this isn't obvious tbh. The schism is going to end Labour for a generation, no matter who wins it.