Politics

Christmas Tree

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

One of my closest friends is Labour through and through and loves his politics.  He is 12 years older than me so grew up through the hard Thatcher years in Bradford.

I called him this morning just to make sure the mad bastard hadnt hung himself.  

I just hope you weren’t the straw that broke the camel’s back

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

This will embolden them to get some truly depressing legislation through if you're unlucky enough to lose your job or be disabled to name just two vulnerable groups. Expecting the DWP to come after missus again tbh. Anyway, at least we can get Brexit done. That'll be a massive comfort for us. :yahoo:

Ugh sorry man. Hope they're too distracted by Brexit to bother you. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The London liberal elite, armed to the teeth with sharpened carrots, will join your worthy cause, comrade. Marching on bellies full of quinoa, falafel and English tapas, we will reclaim Kensington and advance into the Home Counties.  

:lol:
We need to coordinate- A push north from Red London, combined with the sweep south from the Greggs Pasty, gravy and chips fuelled Northern Army should see us victorious in a matter of weeks. 
Once the Southern Nancy Army has made sure their weaponry is vegan-friendly and carbon neutral, we’ll meet you near …Edgeware?
We’ll put the mushroom penis of our despised Quisling cabby on a cocktail stick outside The Tower Of Lahndan. 
:good:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, wykikitoon said:

:lol:  Poor lad may he rest in peace 

:lol: 30 seconds into the call, did you just hear the stool topple and the rope tighten? "Dave? Are you still there? By eckers I think he's topped thaself". 

• Haha 2

I just feel desperately sorry for Fat Sharon from Marketing when she whips out her Boris coffee mug next to Wykiki today. 

He’ll make White Island Volcano look like a hiccup. 

Edited by Monkeys Fist
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm gonna spend the day watching TV shows on Kodi and then the racing this afternoon with some bets on. I'm Workington Man. 

:lol: Christmas jumper day is going to see millions of the thick cunts turning out in them before going home to see how many questions they can get right on The Chase.

• Haha 1

What a catastrophic fuck up by the non-Tory parties. A few months ago they had the Tories right where they wanted them. Utterly paralysed and losing vote after vote in the House.

History will show that was their time to get their shit together and get a second referendum.

Instead they retreated back into their own camps and let their own (largely misplaced) self confidence get the best of them.

Johnson was desperate to go to the electorate. The SNP began backing him because the chaos suited them in Scotland. The Lib Dems then believed their own hype and thought they could capitalise on their anti-Brexit stance. This was followed by Labour completely ignoring the polls and the fact that Corbyn had the worst favourability ratings SINCE RECORDS BEGAN and believing the messiah would provide a miracle.

So once all that happened it was inevitable that the anti-Tory parties would refuse to work together. They were all too good for that.

I’d be interested to see how much effect an electoral pact would have had on keeping Johnson out but the main problem was giving him the election in the first place.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We had Christmas jumper day yesterday. Team of 20. Guess who was the one misery holding the line in his normal work gear. :lol:

You’ll have stood out like a sore thumb in your unicorn onesie. 

• Haha 1

We need some independent ancient Greek city states type shit now. London, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle etc forming an alliance with the Scots, Irish and the Welsh who didn't turn away from their roots. (Fuck the ones that did). We can be Sparta cos we're THAT hard. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

We need some independent ancient Greek city states type shit now. London, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle etc forming an alliance with the Scots, Irish and the Welsh who didn't turn away from their roots. (Fuck the ones that did). We can be Sparta cos we're THAT hard. 

Strategy meeting of the Northern Army at the Powder Monkey next Monday night, I’ll keep a seat for you General Howman! 

• Like 1

Last night was tough to take, I'd pretty much seen the exit polls the very second I got into a pub for a solitary pint after dropping off a couple of lads who were out canvassing in NWD. I was soaked through to the skin, full of cold and fuck knows how far I'd walked and how many doors I'd knocked on. Naturally I was devastated. I'm stuck in bed ill today and we lost. FML. 

Gutted for Laura as she's canny as owt and was proper nice to me. I was there as I recognised it as a marginal seat and Kevan Jones north durham seat was safe as milk. I knew it would be tight but thought we'd sneak it. I had faith, Ive lost it. 

We spoke to a lot of people & got a lot of positive responses but it just wasn't enough, even with the help of the Brexit party taking votes off the tories. The tory vote was clearly a grey one, they'd smile and say they won't tell you who they're voting for but it's not labour and this was regardless of their wealth. We knocked on mansions, we knocked on council homes - it seemed to be the same story with these people. 

There was a canny few labour voting old folks too mind but our main vote was clearly <50 years, same as a lot of other places. I knocked on a lot of doors, young women with kids who looked to be in dire poverty, they weren't voting. It was good to be out with like minded folk & the ground campaign was as strong as it could be all around the country.

I'm terrified of what this government will bring, I have a lot of friends from all walks of life who have suffered so much in the last nine years & they're only going to suffer more. Poor people, ill people, stupid people, gay friends, trans friends, disabled friends are all going to suffer further & that's before we get on to the forrin friends.

Fake news & lies have triumphed in this election & they probably will next time around as well as the government will have no interest in stopping it. They'll suppress the voters with mandatory I.D at the polling booth, they'll change the boundaries. We're fucked basically. People are so used to austerity that the very idea of something better seems absolutely alien to them. 

Corbyn's gone, that doesn't bother me. 

My friend, a tory, calls Starmer 'Mr 3 Series', so I'd give him the leadership just for that tbh. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol: Sat here pissing myself.  I love your Yorkshire 'accent' Gem babes :lol:

BTW I do have my Christmas jumper on

:lol:
Im just picturing you in your Star Wars Christmas jumper, angrily staring down Fat Sharon as a large wet patch rapidly spreads across your trousers. 
“ Keep lookin’ fatteh, I shall shit mesen next.”

• Haha 1