Politics

Christmas Tree

Robert Jenrick has revealed the Tories big plan to regenerate struggling towns: he's told councils to cut parking charges, said shops should offer "high quality retail experiences" and urged everyone to use their local high street more. 

Hey Red Wall, I hope Brexit was worth it cos you are getting fuck all out of this lot. :lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Robert Jenrick has revealed the Tories big plan to regenerate struggling towns: he's told councils to cut parking charges, said shops should offer "high quality retail experiences" and urged everyone to use their local high street more. 

Hey Red Wall, I hope Brexit was worth it cos you are getting fuck all out of this lot. :lol:

High quality retail experiences like the Metro Gnomes, get in.

23 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Well they’re getting precisely what many of them deserve. Also I see the new Metro trains aren’t going to be built by Hitachi (Newton Aycliffe, Sedgefield constituency which of course voted Tory). Instead they’re going to be built in (where else?) Spain. 

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Well they’re getting precisely what many of them deserve. Also I see the new Metro trains aren’t going to be built by Hitachi (Newton Aycliffe, Sedgefield constituency which of course voted Tory). Instead they’re going to be built in (where else?) Spain. 

Hitachi has been failing to win important contracts for years. Unsurprising given their "group activity" recruitment process filtered out intelligent people in favour of gobshites. Hope they go under.

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Clive Lewis has just shot his campaign to bits. 

“ How can I get back the older, working class voters who switched to Tory?…Wait,  I know!”

Labour leadership: Clive Lewis calls for Royal Family referendum https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51062770

trying to out-corbyn RLB 

bye, clive

the membership hopefully aren't completely brainless and understand this isn't the moment to be floating this sort of idea. 

will make yvette cooper's comments about the flag of st george look harmless. this would come back to bit him on the arse, in the unlikely event he comes anywhere near to competing for the leadership

edit. i did, of course mean emily thornberry, not cooper. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

I agree that the monarchy isn't a big issue at this point tbf. It's something to float when you have a majority the size of Johnson, not when you're trying to win power by attempting to establish "progressive patriotism".

But ffs man, we can't let the right wing nutjobs silence our actual debates out of fear of what the press will weaponise against us on future. They really have won if that happens.

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

you can't blame the press for the fact that the country is largely comprised of royalist morons

Says Dr Gloom as he unfolds the four page pull out picture special of young George and whatever the new one's called as all the family look on lovingly at Prince George with his adoring white parents, The Duck of Death and Kate. :good:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I agree that the monarchy isn't a big issue at this point tbf. It's something to float when you have a majority the size of Johnson, not when you're trying to win power by attempting to establish "progressive patriotism".

But ffs man, we can't let the right wing nutjobs silence our actual debates out of fear of what the press will weaponise against us on future. They really have won if that happens.

also, there are plenty of royalist nutjobs on the left too. talk of a referendum like this won't win this voter group back

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Says Dr Gloom as he unfolds the four page pull out picture special of young George and whatever the new one's called as all the family look on lovingly at Prince George with his adoring white parents, The Duck of Death and Kate. :good:

i'd replace them with waxworks, personally 

• Thanks 1