Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Lads man. Let's all stop arguing about politics and just have a big Friday night wank. We'll start at 7pm.

Who's with me? 

tyson fury, i expect. he'll have already had at least 4 by now today so may take him some time to hit his target of 7 a day

• Haha 1

Me and Mrs PL didnt bother. We drank this instead. :)

Louder Than Bombs

Created by Dona Bridges, the bar manager at The Hungry Cat in Hollywood, one of my favourite watering holes. This is a drink named after a Smiths’ song. Dona names a lot of her drinks after Smiths’ songs. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I know a writer who names a lot of characters after former Aston Villa players. Which is… startling. But as Dona says, with all the huge flavours going on here, the name seems apt.

Fill a shaker with ice. Pour in 45ml Laird’s Apple Brandy or LeCompte calvados, 15ml yellow chartreuse, 15ml fresh lemon juice, 10ml pomegranate juice, 5ml sugar syrup and 2 dashes St. Elizabeth allspice dram. Shake very hard, and strain into a chilled coupe.

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Me and Mrs PL didnt bother. We drank this instead. :)

Louder Than Bombs

Created by Dona Bridges, the bar manager at The Hungry Cat in Hollywood, one of my favourite watering holes. This is a drink named after a Smiths’ song. Dona names a lot of her drinks after Smiths’ songs. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I know a writer who names a lot of characters after former Aston Villa players. Which is… startling. But as Dona says, with all the huge flavours going on here, the name seems apt.

Fill a shaker with ice. Pour in 45ml Laird’s Apple Brandy or LeCompte calvados, 15ml yellow chartreuse, 15ml fresh lemon juice, 10ml pomegranate juice, 5ml sugar syrup and 2 dashes St. Elizabeth allspice dram. Shake very hard, and strain into a chilled coupe.

It's not a Smiths song though is it? It's a compilation Album.

Sorry for the pedantry, just trying to take my mind off the frankly disturbing turn this thread, on Politics, has turned since Groomer Gemmill posted.

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Thread. I like Tom Peck. Tom Peck does not like RLB or the state of Labour. 

Yeah ok, there's reasonable dislike of Blairism and there's just plain vicious. Celebrating the death of Blair, no.