Politics

Christmas Tree

It'll be have mainly spent on purchasing properties that need to be demolished. High house prices make transport infrastructure exorbitant in this country, probably the most expensive in the world. 

I think I've made my points on HS2 quite clear. We've built motorways all over this country which have a much bigger foot print than a train line. But nobody bats an eye lid at that. People complain about the trains being too crowded, then complain about a line that will triple capacity? Bonkers, what a country. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Seeing as the Tory party are so committed to the union how about the radical idea of taking it to other parts of the union. Put it in Swansea or Glasgow. Or if you really want to wind them up stick it in Derry for a few years. Let's see how many of the ermine wearing cunts are dedicated to picking up their expenses allowance then.

This is genius dressed up in simplicity's clothes :lol:

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

It'll be have mainly spent on purchasing properties that need to be demolished. High house prices make transport infrastructure exorbitant in this country, probably the most expensive in the world. 

I think I've made my points on HS2 quite clear. We've built motorways all over this country which have a much bigger foot print than a train line. But nobody bats an eye lid at that. People complain about the trains being too crowded, then complain about a line that will triple capacity? Bonkers, what a country. 

If theres one thing that would make me say even a qualified "well done" to Johnson and his team of swivelled eyed loons it's a full commitment to HS2. Extending it to Newcastle, Carlisle then a branch north which splits at Carstairs to serve Glasgow & Edinburgh would be perfect. But it looks like the line north of Birmingham will be downgraded to cut costs. Trying to run a modern train service on Victorian infrastructure is what is causing the huge problems across the whole of the UK rail network but it seems the south will be the only area to properly benefit which makes the whole project fuckin pointless 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

If theres one thing that would make me say even a qualified "well done" to Johnson and his team of swivelled eyed loons it's a full commitment to HS2. Extending it to Newcastle, Carlisle then a branch north which splits at Carstairs to serve Glasgow & Edinburgh would be perfect. But it looks like the line north of Birmingham will be downgraded to cut costs. Trying to run a modern train service on Victorian infrastructure is what is causing the huge problems across the whole of the UK rail network but it seems the south will be the only area to properly benefit which makes the whole project fuckin pointless 

Anything North of Manchester is basically Scotland in the eyes of Westminster and has been for many years. A 94th minute header from Issac Hayden won't change that.