Politics

Christmas Tree

Boris Johnson’s aides have been ordered to send him shorter memos, limiting papers to just two sides of A4. Civil servants have also been told to cut the number of documents put into the prime minister’s red box to “make sure that he reads them”.

The edict emerged after Johnson spent a week away at his Chevening country house. Members of the Downing Street policy unit were told to provide “weekend reading” for the prime minister on keys aspects of policy. But a source said: “They’ve been told it should be an easy read: no more than four pages, or he’s never going to read it. Two pages is preferable.”

Another said Johnson’s private office and his closest aide, Dominic Cummings, had put a cap on what goes into the red box. An official said: “Box submissions have to be brief if he is going to read it. If they’re overly long or overly complex, Dom sends them back with savage comments.”

Our Prime Minister is a moron.

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Our Prime Minister is a moron.

A useful one it seems for a bigger, global plan....

This is the Bannon text book. I don’t give a fuck about the rule of law when it comes to that cunt, someone should put a bullet between his eyes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I've got my membership card and I'm getting endless emails from my CLP and topless shots from Nandy. You've been frozen out by the Corbynistas. 

Nandy will fail and the thing they’re going to get her on is trans issues. She’s apparently ok with make sex offenders die tying as women being put in women’s prisons. I have no opinion on the subject as it appears to bring out the worst in absolutely anyone who dares to voice an opposing opinion on either side of the issue :glare:

Edited by PaddockLad

47 minutes ago, Alex said:

The House of Lords is under attack too. 

Not sure how I feel about this...always thought it should be an elected upper house but they’re going to try to do away with it and replace it with nothing, or an “elected” committee of placemen. That’s when we become a fascist state. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Nandy will fail and the thing they’re going to get her on is trans issues. She’s apparently ok with make sex offenders die tying as women being put in women’s prisons. I have no opinion on the subject as it appears to bring out the worst in absolutely anyone who dares to voice an opposing opinion on either side of the issue :glare:

This is a good point. Trans rights seems to be one of the most toxic and divisive discussions in play. It's such a tiny fucking niche area that any Labour leader should just go with the majority view on it and leave it there. Yes to trans people, no to bathroom sharing. I don't agree with that personally but this is not a battle we can afford. We couldn't even win the immigration battle ffs, let alone trans rights.

• Like 2

I believe in their rights, but they're not the only ones, or indeed the biggest group, under attack. Nor is the nature of the attack particularly devastating.

Pragmatism. Stop being an ideological purist ;)

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

On 10/02/2020 at 12:20, ewerk said:

Darren Grimes on Politics Live today ffs.

And today they have someone on shilling for Toby Young’s latest ‘free speech’ grift. This is getting ridiculous and isn’t doing the BBC any favours at all.

I really think the BBC are just trying to avoid being smashed under the directive of Grand Overseer Cummings.

As I've said previously though, they made their bed in the election and now they can fucking lie in it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Giving favourable coverage to the Tories is one thing but giving airtime for what is essentially a right wing Twitter mob to promote their services is beyond the pale.

That's essentially how they pushed Farage to the fore. They've long established this precedent. We have to accept that being 'impartial' apparently means impartiality with respect of opinions, not facts.

14 hours ago, ewerk said:

Who was it on here claiming that Nandy could win?

The point I was making was that Long-Bailey wouldn't win and that the other two alternatives were credible leaders. It was in response to someone saying that Labour needed to become a credible opposition again - my point was that under Nandy and Starmer they would be. 

So SHUT YOUR FACE YOU GIANT CUNT. 

• Haha 3