Politics

Christmas Tree

20 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

RLB coming out as a blairite is a twist I didn’t see coming 

https://twitter.com/benkentish/status/1235600166779904006?s=21

Lots of RLB ultras who’ve been spending weeks    calling Starmer a centrist have gone quiet. :lol: 

Even mentioning Blair among the Momentum lot causes absolute chaos, never mind championing him.

Personally I think New Labour’s achievements should be championed - but this is quite a hilarious u turn. Possibly down to some polls showing her she’s gonna get badly beaten.

To be fair to her even if you thought him a complete failure in terms of improving the country, it still would be a good idea to ask his advice on how to win (beyond him saying drop any vaguely left wing policy).

Oh yeah, without a doubt. It's not me who has the problem with her bringing Blair up. If you talk to a lot of 'red wall' voters, particularly the ones we lost they still hold Blair in high esteem - despite his flaws. 

Speaking to a couple of elderly voters in the region re RLB I head she's too close to Corbyn & wants to do too much at once but I haven't really heard anything on Starmer. 

She hasn't come across too badly to me but at the same time she committed two "strikes" - giving Corbyn 10/10 for leadership and saying she'd talk to the catholic church about abortion policy.

I can see the two polar views of wanting someone Corbyn-like on one side and wanting anyone but that on the other.

Yeh - well we have to stick to our principles on one hand but be electable on the other. It’s a catch 22.

She gave Corbyn 10/10 a few weeks back but yesterday came out and said he handled anti-Semitism claims “very, very poorly”, so which is it? :lol: 

• Like 2

I've a vote but have yet to use it. Not overly enamoured with any of them but would obviously back them in a GE. RLB I reckon has zero chance with the general public, Nandy a bit more but will probably go for Starmer. Failing that I'll just wait for CT's advice. :lol:

:CT:

• Haha 2

Also, as someone on twatter, I've got to say it's a little depressing seeing some of the absolute horse shit that comes from labour voters crucifying each other and different candidates. Who needs conservative propaganda? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I got an email during the week saying there was a problem with my application. 

Wrong side of the border 

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Also, as someone on twatter, I've got to say it's a little depressing seeing some of the absolute horse shit that comes from labour voters crucifying each other and different candidates. Who needs conservative propaganda? 

Absolutely. The targeting of Starmer has been most unusual given his past.

Everyone has a skeleton in the closet but few have as ones as a awkward as RLB - so why stir the culture of smearing up?

How can people cry for years about the treatment of Corbyn and then do the same to a person who isn’t even leader yet? Idiots.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Yeh - well we have to stick to our principles on one hand but be electable on the other. It’s a catch 22.

She gave Corbyn 10/10 a few weeks back but yesterday came out and said he handled anti-Semitism claims “very, very poorly”, so which is it? :lol: 

He handled antisemitism very, very poorly. and he didn’t deserve 10/10.

That comment alone derailed her campaign before it started 

Aye but that’s when she was banking on Momentum/Corbyn’s backing to sweep her to victory. 

She’s changed her tune now because she knows she can’t win without the dreaded ‘centre’ when the truth is that she can’t win at all.

20 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

He handled antisemitism very, very poorly. and he didn’t deserve 10/10.

That comment alone derailed her campaign before it started 

Quite apart from that he lost two consecutive elections. 

I was being an arsehole - I've never said they didn't do any good. 

I still think tax credits became too much of an issue and I think the minimum wage is a good idea but also a double edged sword where its too easy for businesses to pay it with no thought of an actual living wage. 

I'd like to see more balancing of the economy than simple fiddling at the bottom end.