Politics

Christmas Tree

Should be like 1995 for the 50th anniversary when Radio 1 played dance music for 24 hours and called it R.A.V.E. Day

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol:

Compulsory jingoistic flag waving. What does that remind me of? <_<

You ever notice how when an MP deletes a tweet, when they've said something stupid, they don't retract or apologise, they just retweet an absolute mountain of horseshit to push anything related as far down their timelines as possible.

This ones no different mind, except shes also included a great deal of praise for herself in the mountain. The state of that ego.

• Like 1

She can fuck off, instead I'll be commemorating the 224 years since the end of the second Maroon war between Britain and 150 Jamaican maroons with 350 runaway slaves. They never knew what hit 'em! We'll be having a BBQ with reggae reggae sauce as a tribute. :good:

• Like 1

I remember my long-departed gran once telling me VE Day wasn’t celebrated that much and that VJ Day was a much bigger deal at the time because it was the actual end of the war. 

It’s probably a good thing this is happening under lockdown tbh, given the absolute state of British politics at the minute. I also find it funny that the Blitz Spirit brigade seem to think six weeks in lockdown is equivalent to six years of war

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Renton said:

Johnson can't survive Starmer. He'll find some way of resigning before Xmas. Maybe Sunak will fare better.

It'll be Gove. He's bided his time long enough and no way he'll let some relative unknown take it from him.

40 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It'll be Gove. He's bided his time long enough and no way he'll let some relative unknown take it from him.

I fucking hope so, Starmer will tear him a new one, too. 

Absolutely tremendous seeing Starmer demolish Johnson on a weekly basis. Not so easy to lie when you've got someone who will pin you down on provable facts and then produce the receipts. This will be a regular occurrence, Johnson having to traipse back to the House and explain why he made something up AGAIN. 

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/keir-starmer-boris-johnson-approval-rating-yougov-opinion-poll-survey-a9511611.html

Starmer's approval rating exceeds Johnson's.

Shame this is all happening in year one though.

That's like NUFC scoring an early goal and being disappointed it's not a full time winner. If Johnson is still around to contest the next GE Starmer will be 5 nil up.