Politics

Christmas Tree

On 11/08/2020 at 13:48, Renton said:

This could be a real fuck up. When the Dublin agreement expires at the end of the year, we're fucked. The French have massive leverage. If they want, they can just say "non" and buy every asylum seeker a dinghy and wish them bon voyage. Without the EU agreements we will have to abide international law and take them in without recourse, or become a pariah state. I accept the latter is more than possible like. 

I think its always worthwhile looking from the other persons perspective. We were major players in the wars which caused this crisis. The French had heavy involvement in the Libyan disaster, but other than that many EU countries did very little but suffered the brunt. I suspect we aren't going to get much sympathy. 

Oh dear.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/20/eu-rejects-british-plan-for-post-brexit-return-of-asylum-seekers

It’s almost like leaving the EU has reduced our influence. That should absolutely delight your average Leave voter too. Which is nice 

• Haha 1

Better go out jogging again, remind everyone I’m an all action guy fighting obesity and immigrants as one.  

Rightio, what to wear?

Now I know this, what do joggers wear?  

Board shorts, yes of course, that’ll keep things in place.  

And a polo shirt, popped naturally. 

Don’t forget a great big black sweater, to make sure I don’t get cold jogging in the summer.  

Perfect.   

Now, I just need to remember to keep my thumbs up and find that camera.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, trophyshy said:

Better go out jogging again, remind everyone I’m an all action guy fighting obesity and immigrants as one.  

Rightio, what to wear?

Now I know this, what do joggers wear?  

Board shorts, yes of course, that’ll keep things in place.  

And a polo shirt, popped naturally. 

Don’t forget a great big black sweater, to make sure I don’t get cold jogging in the summer.  

Perfect.   

Now, I just need to remember to keep my thumbs up and find that camera.  

The clip of him man - dressed like a man who has never been for a run in his life 

Cohen here with a theory that to avoid (the wholly government controlled & overseen by the Secretary of State for Health ) Public Health England being annihilated in any future public enquiry in Covid it should just be abolished now....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/22/boris-johnson-demands-only-loyalty-not-competence-in-his-lust-for-power?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• Like 1

I've been saying for two years at least that 40% of this country have become so obsessed with brexit that they've become an immovable blind mass who see everything through that lens even to the point of thinking a corrupt lying mess is a decent pm. It will take the inevitable disaster to change anything and I'm not convinced even that will work now that they've become so entrenched in their stupidity. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NJS said:

I've been saying for two years at least that 40% of this country have become so obsessed with brexit that they've become an immovable blind mass who see everything through that lens even to the point of thinking a corrupt lying mess is a decent pm. It will take the inevitable disaster to change anything and I'm not convinced even that will work now that they've become so entrenched in their stupidity. 

This is it for me, too. Brexit is the fundamental in all of this and has been for years. The union, the economy, the country, none of it matters except their bluster and refusal to admit being wrong.

Not sure we'll have a non-Tory government now until we're discussing rejoining the union.