Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

just, how? 

It's because Corbyn is such a useless leader of the opposition ;)

Or more accurately because almost the entire media line up behind the Tories and the best you can say about those that don't is that they offer a diversity of opinion that occasionally includes some pro-labour sentiment.

They're going to get to 20 straight years in power, no question.

Curiously that does look as of the main victors of a LD collapse are the Tories. Haven't paid any attention to the LDs whatsoever (now behind both the Greens and the SNP) but presumably something has just happened to them?

38 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's because Corbyn is such a useless leader of the opposition ;)

Or more accurately because almost the entire media line up behind the Tories and the best you can say about those that don't is that they offer a diversity of opinion that occasionally includes some pro-labour sentiment.

They're going to get to 20 straight years in power, no question.

Of course it’s the media’s fault the country is populated by morons :lol: 

I suspect (hope) this might be the “get Brexit done” bounce and that the Covid handling will return to focus.

But don’t bet against the dickheads in the UK.

44 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Curiously that does look as of the main victors of a LD collapse are the Tories. Haven't paid any attention to the LDs whatsoever (now behind both the Greens and the SNP) but presumably something has just happened to them?

I think the LD vote in any poll of a few thousand people is so negligible as to allow fluctutations to be disregarded.

18 hours ago, Rayvin said:

my local mp is the leader. he's a nice rational man who sees where the problems are and offers decent advice on these things. sadly his party has next to no political clout nowadays. 

I couldn’t give a fuck what he says now. I want him to win then I’ll judge him on what he does if he does. We’ve seen what the right will stoop to. Imagine this country if the tories have another term after this one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't disagree with any of that but I still feel betrayed.

I think it’s such a sticking point for the thick, racist, wanker floating voter he hasn’t got much option, sadly. I can totally see why you would feel that way though 

• Like 1

Right, but on the other hand I just read this comment in the Independent - it's a real gamble and I don't disagree with much of any of this:

"Remarkable naivety and lack of vision - having clearly learnt nothing from the past 5 years (and beyond), Starmer is nailing his weather-stained and wind-tattered flag to the populist mast. The reason for doing so is clear - what will prove to be a futile attempt to regain the Tory votes from the red wall. Opinion polls have shown that a substantial number of these voters have already abandoned the Tories, while the more polarised voters will never return to Labour anyway - so Starmer is chasing a very difficult 10% of the Labour vote, at the expense of alienating the vast majority of Labour voters (whilst virtually ensuring the annihilation of Labour in Scotland), a significant number of whom will now vote for other parties more closely aligned to their beliefs, playing straight into the Tories hands, by splitting the opposition vote.
And the bigger picture is even more shameful - a Labour leader aligning themselves to the policies of the far right, to garner the support of a small (and ageing) minority of the electorate.
And, needless to say, unless Labours position has changed by the time of the next GE, they will not be getting my vote."

Edited by Rayvin