Politics

Christmas Tree

Wait, UKIP are still trying to be a thing?

Independence from what, exactly? Rational thought is my best guess but I'd imagine they've got something else in mind.

Edited by Rayvin

And there's a public majority for it allegedly. If you take all 100% of people who voted for Brexit, I think I recall reading that the highest percentage of support from that group for any other policy, is for the death penalty to be brought back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I assume we’d have to withdraw as signatories to the ECHR to do that? Sounds about right.

Doing it will also allow to send refugees to oversea territories and such niceties. I think if it were down to Patel she would withdraw immediately.

Johnson may be the most opportunistic, Gove may be the most repulsively vile, and Hancock may be the most pathetic, but Patel is honestly the most downright callous and mean.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Doing it will also allow to send refugees to oversea territories and such niceties. I think if it were down to Patel she would withdraw immediately.

That was my train of thought. Withdraw under the guise of the death penalty, which has a level of public support, then systematically destroy human rights in this country.

50 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That was my train of thought. Withdraw under the guise of the death penalty, which has a level of public support, then systematically destroy human rights in this country.

Scrapping legal aid etc

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

I assume we’d have to withdraw as signatories to the ECHR to do that? Sounds about right.

Yep, been on the cards since Johnson became PM. Another benefit for the tories would be that it will completely block our rejoining the EU or EFTA. Scorched Earth policy. I am definitely leaving England in this scenario. 

I reckon Trump got a hard on ordering these last gap federal executions in the last month which shows he's a horrible sociopath and I reckon she'd froth at the gash in the same circumstances. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJS said:

I reckon Trump got a hard on ordering these last gap federal executions in the last month which shows he's a horrible sociopath and I reckon she'd froth at the gash in the same circumstances. 

Psychopaths, without a doubt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJS said:

Mind her suggesting we just "puncture their dinghies and let them drown in the English Channel"? 

• Like 1

She's lost 150,000 arrest records. Maybe it won't matter if we bring back the death penalty, doesn't appear that any department she runs would be competent enough to actually process anyone for it.

I'd hate to be the individual responsible for that loss though - they'll probably be the first person to face the execution squads given how she comes across as a manager.

41 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

She's lost 150,000 arrest records. Maybe it won't matter if we bring back the death penalty, doesn't appear that any department she runs would be competent enough to actually process anyone for it.

I'd hate to be the individual responsible for that loss though - they'll probably be the first person to face the execution squads given how she comes across as a manager.

Not having backups should be a capital crime. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NJS said:

Not having backups should be a capital crime. 

An automatic program for deleting records that are held for the prescribed 3 years after arrest us being blamed  . Should they be backed up via cloud or is that too risky?