Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

What sort of bullshit are you referring to?

Abandoning the EU for one thing, but we all know my position on that and I'm aware of your views too.

But he's going to have to offer them things for this to work - and I'd go so far as to say that they will have to be things of actual substance. This is what concerns me.

I mean I guess there's a reality here where apart from betraying remainers, he does nothing else whatsoever to appease social conservatives - in which case fine, but the whole strategy is doomed to fail, making his displays rather pointless. Do you think these working class leave voters are going to vote for him just because he stands in front of the fucking flag?

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Maybe. And maybe it's standing in front of a flag. I doubt it though.

we're talking about winning back a lot of people who voted for brexit.

morons in other words

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

morons in other words

I don't think they are morons really, I think the best way to refer to them now is 'differently informed'. They're now very politically aware compared to a few years ago, and therefore much less likely to pay attention to platitudes. And those who aren't informed probably couldn't even pick Starmer out of a line-up.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I don't mean an authoritarian populist. I mean someone who engages in PR campaigns against his personal beliefs. A man without conviction.

Did anyone actually see the party political broadcast on Tuesday? If you had replaced Starmer with a more charismatic bombastic "Boris" it would have been fine as a tory broadcast. 

Whatever else is said about Blair, "A man without conviction" would be the ultimate definition. 

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

morons in other words

As I said, you can write them off or come up with something that will work - I do think this is a simplistic solution however. 

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I don't think they are morons really, I think the best way to refer to them now is 'differently informed'. They're now very politically aware compared to a few years ago, and therefore much less likely to pay attention to platitudes. And those who aren't informed probably couldn't even pick Starmer out of a line-up.

They were in possession of alternative facts! 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

As I said, you can write them off or come up with something that will work - I do think this is a simplistic solution however. 

that's what starmer is doing tbf. devising a solution instead of alienating those voters again. let's be clear though - most of the voters he has to win back are morons.

the flag-waving, nationalist, brexiteer dickheads will look at starmer, in his smart suit, giving an address in front of a union flag. here's a bloke who can brush his hair, who doesn't have scruffy beard, they'll cry.

they'll hear him talking about how he will be tough on terrorism, strong on security, tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime - all of that bollocks - and they will think it's someone they could vote for. 

mix that with a good old shake of the magic money tree and who knows? it worked for blair. i don't see why it coudn't work again. and i think most of the chattering classes (the likes of us) would find it easier to swallow then getting into bed with farage to try to get PR over the line

We're in the middle of a pandemic that's killed over 100,000 Britons so far, businesses are going bust and jobs are being lost every single day due to covid and Brexit. Let's take a peek to see what they're doing about it in parliament:

• Jaysus... 3

Baked beans... fuck off...

Don't know where he got this from but James O'Brien said this morning that out of all hospital admissions due to covid in the last 12 months one third were in the calender month of January 2021

Thats what you get when you have a prime minister who doesn't like to give out bad news :cuppa:

• Like 3

I see Darren Grimes is out on his arse after applying for a job at GB News, an actual posh person got the job. 

They’ve been laughing at him all along, now 27 years old grimes is moving back in with mam and dad. 

What a prick :lol: 

• Haha 6

One of those weird coincidences but that tool bought something from where I work a little while ago, naturally curiosity got the better of me and had a snoop at the rental costs of where he lived. Varied from £2.5k-£3k a month, presumably he thought the grift was never going to end.

• Like 1

Aye, as TMH alludes to, he blatantly jumped on alt-right bandwagon because there was money in it in the form of funding from various sources etc. Horrible little cunt tbh 

• Like 1