Politics

Christmas Tree

I can’t remember if it was Chez or someone else but it was in relation to a Swiss couple who complained to the authorities about the noise from a party they’d been to after they left 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye it was him, that's the incident I was thinking about. Spent all night at the party then went home and immediately rang the police about the noise. :lol:

Just been talking about a bloke who did that in my old street. (No it wasn't me!) :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wtf is this all about? It makes zero sense. And how are they going to sell it to the public? 

The military industrial complex is powerful and influential. But nukes? I get the argument for a deterrent but even the yanks and the Russians signed a treaty to cut capacity. Why do we need more? If we’re going to boost defence spending, investment in armed forces and counter terrorism makes more sense than spending money on more nukes that we’ll never use.  

It's the ultimate endgame of the analogy of nuclear weapons as empty willy-waving rhetoric when we have the epitome of that entire concept and a being whose existence is defined by it as pm. 

Sorry, but I have been meaning to say this for some time.

In a time where women continue to be actively discriminated against purely on the basis of their gender, perhaps we need to reflect on whether we should be criticising the standard of her journalism, if valid, rather than any perceived relationship, of whatever type, with one or more male politicians.  We don't do that with male journalists. 

Apologies if my remarks have hurt anyone (yes, sarcasm intended).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Wtf is this all about? It makes zero sense. And how are they going to sell it to the public? 

The military industrial complex is powerful and influential. But nukes? I get the argument for a deterrent but even the yanks and the Russians signed a treaty to cut capacity. Why do we need more? If we’re going to boost defence spending, investment in armed forces and counter terrorism makes more sense than spending money on more nukes that we’ll never use.  

Be better off investing in white hat hackers to counter the actual real threat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Sorry, but I have been meaning to say this for some time.

In a time where women continue to be actively discriminated against purely on the basis of their gender, perhaps we need to reflect on whether we should be criticising the standard of her journalism, if valid, rather than any perceived relationship, of whatever type, with one or more male politicians.  We don't do that with male journalists. 

Apologies if my remarks have hurt anyone (yes, sarcasm intended).

Oh it's definitely her journalism. Her constant reporting of messages from her government sources i.e. Cummings as gospel over the last couple of years has been shameful. And for gender balance, Robert Peston has come in for criticism for the same crime.

Of course it’s just about her and other journalists gender and not about their standard of journalism. That’s why Piers Morgan got rightfully criticised and ridiculed for worshiping Donald Trump in his interview too.

Can understand the point because I don't think any male journalists have been accused of the same sorts of relationships (although they may well have been with May..), but on the other hand she's complicit in perpetuating the regressive kind of thinking that creates these sorts of comments anyway, by supporting a right wing government led by an oversized toddler that rode to power on the back of a 'cultural movement' concerned with bravado, casual racism and misogyny. You reap what you fucking sow.

That said, while I don't care remotely about the damage these sorts of comments do to Kuenssberg (and it will be zero damage), they clearly aren't helpful to other female journalists who aren't as ridiculously privileged, or wedged as firmly up Johnson's arse as she has been. Can't comment definitively on whether that last bit is a relationship status or a political preference, but I will say that she's sharing the view with a great many male journalists as well. I hope this qualifies as equal opportunity loathing, on my part.

• Like 2

Did anyone see Cummings in front of MPs the other day with his hastily-produced shite diagram as his opening gambit? What a fucking shyster 

21 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Can understand the point because I don't think any male journalists have been accused of the same sorts of relationships (although they may well have been with May..), but on the other hand she's complicit in perpetuating the regressive kind of thinking that creates these sorts of comments anyway, by supporting a right wing government led by an oversized toddler that rode to power on the back of a 'cultural movement' concerned with bravado, casual racism and misogyny. You reap what you fucking sow.

That said, while I don't care remotely about the damage these sorts of comments do to Kuenssberg (and it will be zero damage), they clearly aren't helpful to other female journalists who aren't as ridiculously privileged, or wedged as firmly up Johnson's arse as she has been. Can't comment definitively on whether that last bit is a relationship status or a political preference, but I will say that she's sharing the view with a great many male journalists as well. I hope this qualifies as equal opportunity loathing, on my part.

I remember the Morgan cartoon with his face up Trumps arse?