Politics

Christmas Tree

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Oh it definitely is. Anyone who has been through a loyalist area in the last couple of months couldn't have failed to notice the anti-Irish Sea border signs and murals mixed with messages of betrayal. These areas were tinderboxes and the decision not to prosecute anyone over the Bobby Storey funeral recently was the match that set it off.

Excuse, not match tbh, would have been something else if not that.

15 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

And Arlene keeps going on about the IRA still being active.

If SF can keep the republican's quiet and non-reactionary when the Yoons go even more mental the diplomatic pressure on UK Gov't to sort it will become immense over the GFA.

Biden is of Irish heritage an all, he has no love of De Pfeffel and his ilk either.

Was just surveyed by YouGov.

"Do you like, love, dislike, hate the British national anthem?"

"Do you own a union jack flag or something that displays it"

"Do you think government buildings should fly the flag every day?"

What the fuck is this country on? And for the record, my answers:

1 - Hate it

2 - No

3 - No

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Was just surveyed by YouGov.

"Do you like, love, dislike, hate the British national anthem?"

"Do you own a union jack flag or something that displays it"

"Do you think government buildings should fly the flag every day?"

What the fuck is this country on? And for the record, my answers:

1 - Hate it

2 - No

3 - No

Well that's you fucked now mate. Expect a knock on the door from Priti Patel any time soon and off you go to Ascension. 

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well that's you fucked now mate. Expect a knock on the door from Priti Patel any time soon and off you go to Ascension. 

She will use him as a deterrent.

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'll stress I'd be perfectly happy with a national anthem that didn't push a single person's life over and above everyone else's.

And is an absolute dirge that makes me want to stick knitting needles in my ear drums. Oh, and being an.anthem that is supposed to represent and unite the 4 nations yet has this as a verse.

Lord grant that Marshal Wade

May by thy mighty aid

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush,

And like a torrent rush,

Rebellious Scots to crush.

God save the King!

Edited by Renton

The worst bit is still where they changed "born to reign over us" to a supposedly more palatable "long to reign over us" not realising its the fucking "reign over us" that's the fucking problem. 

That's as well as the "God" bit considering the census numbers for religiosity. 

It's about time someone  went for the jugular and asked Hancock (and the rest) directly how much they've pocketed from the pandemic.

For example there's no way he gave 30m to his pub landlord mate without a couple of million going the other way.

• Like 2

https://www.politico.eu/article/liz-truss-britain-new-iron-lady-uk-conservatives/

Whisper it, but there are some in the British Conservative Party who believe they’ve finally found their modern-day Margaret Thatcher. 

This potential heir to Maggie is Liz Truss, Britain’s trade secretary. She’s a Northern, state-educated free-marketeer with a passion for dirty burgers (her takeaway of choice is the British fast-food chain Bleecker, from which she orders most Thursday nights) and a hatred of mayonnaise.

:lol: :lol: :suicide:

I’d planned to do all my Labour leafletting tomorrow for the council elections and about an hour ago we get an email saying we can’t do it because of Prince Phillips funeral. 

For fucks sake.

40 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’d planned to do all my Labour leafletting tomorrow for the council elections and about an hour ago we get an email saying we can’t do it because of Prince Phillips funeral. 

For fucks sake.

Respect the gammon, Tom. It's what the Duke of Edinburgh would've supposedly not been bothered about but I suspect might've been on more than one occasion. 

Sorry, just morphed into Ryder-talk a quarter of the way into this. :good:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 2

'RIP to the man who once inspired a generation to get his award by camping and using a compass near Rothbury in the days of the mighty Quinn and THAT side that came up short of a trip to Wembley via the play offs. Lol. Laters. (And once again, rest in peace to the Duke who'll be meeting Joe Harvey once again like he did in NUFC's fifties heyday.')

Lee-Ryder.jpg

• Haha 4

A boost to the LDs has to be a Remainer issue. Greens potentially also, frankly, just from the other side of the Labour spectrum. The Tories having taken some more of Labour is a bit fucking weird but there we are I guess.

Those numbers are on par with Corbyn iirc.