Politics

Christmas Tree

Exactly. While he was chasing headlines with his Brexit/Tory supporting mates there were actual ventilator producers in the U.K. who couldn’t get a response from government when they offered their products so ended up exporting them to other countries.

So did Dyson/Johnson benefit any in the end? I doubt ventilator production before the time was ever a fast paced production environment. Would existing producers have the capability to build them as quickly as a large firm like Dyson? I don't know the answers by the way, but can't see Starmer winning many friends by picking on procurement during a national emergency whilst we're having a decent time of it at the minute. People will just look at places like India and think thank fuck the government did whatever they did

Procurement is the big scandal to come out of all this. The money that has gone to friends and donors of the Tories is scandalous. As is their attempts to cover it up. Labour need to press for a full enquiry into it when the situation has settled down. 

52 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

So did Dyson/Johnson benefit any in the end? I doubt ventilator production before the time was ever a fast paced production environment. Would existing producers have the capability to build them as quickly as a large firm like Dyson? I don't know the answers by the way, but can't see Starmer winning many friends by picking on procurement during a national emergency whilst we're having a decent time of it at the minute. People will just look at places like India and think thank fuck the government did whatever they did

Dyson benefitted by them changing the rules so he could move back to the UK and work without losing his non-dom status 

As other have said, "real" ventilator manufacturers who offered to ramp up production with help were ignored for the cheap headline of Johnson "fixing it" by involving brexiteer, donor cunts. 

9 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Fair enough, but I still think pulling him up about it now, when the country is on the crest of a wave with the vaccination program and lockdown lifting whilst other countries are fucked will just fall on deaf ears to the electorate. 

You're probably right. Because the country is full of people like you.

I can just imagine a Dyson ventilator. Would look stylish and glossy. Bit would barely function with crucial bits breaking off in days and the reserve battery going flat in minutes.

Dyson is just a designer, floats ideas and makes products that look good. Why was he looking for tax breaks for a tax funded contract? He is utter cunt of a man. 

Just now, Renton said:

You're probably right. Because the country is full of people like you.

What? People that think the Labour Party is asking the right questions at the wrong time? I'm just here questioning why successive tory governments poll so well irrespective of how shit they are. I could just cry everyday like you and say everybody is a cunt, or look at the shortcomings in opposition.

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

What? People that think the Labour Party is asking the right questions at the wrong time? I'm just here questioning why successive tory governments poll so well irrespective of how shit they are. I could just cry everyday like you and say everybody is a cunt, or look at the shortcomings in opposition.

You said you sympathise with Johnson over his blatant corruption where he used the pandemic as a screen. Yes, it is people like you that are the problem, and you are in good company due to the relentless brainwashing and propaganda the nation has been subjected to.

Now you say Starmer pointing the corruption out is a shortcoming. Do you see the problem here? 

I see him pointing it out now whilst the country is on a relative high as a shortcoming. You've got to play the game. It's about reading the room, isn't it? Surely you can see that? How did Johnson benefit from the Dyson thing like? The only thing in it for him as far as I can see is ventilators.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

People are fucking sick of covid, they've got lockdown fatigue and now that there's light at the end of the tunnel and we look to have turned a corner he's trying to tell us how shit a job they've done. There's a time and place for it, but right now it's going to fall on deaf ears to moderate voters. No matter how much you cry as you abandon the NHS for personal gain ;)

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I see him pointing it out now whilst the country is on a relative high as a shortcoming. You've got to play the game. It's about reading the room, isn't it? Surely you can see that? How did Johnson benefit from the Dyson thing like? The only thing in it for him as far as I can see is ventilators.

He benefitted from the optics of getting Dyson on board. It was purely partisan and politica, like everything he does. It could have cost lives, but Johnson doesn't care. The fact that a person like Dyson has his mobile number and bypassed all the normal processes alone is a huge problem. Starmer would be in dereliction of his duties if he let this go. 

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

People are fucking sick of covid, they've got lockdown fatigue and now that there's light at the end of the tunnel and we look to have turned a corner he's trying to tell us how shit a job they've done. There's a time and place for it, but right now it's going to fall on deaf ears to moderate voters. No matter how much you cry as you abandon the NHS for personal gain ;)

I left the NHS because i personally felt it is an extremely unpleasant place to work in after 10 years of austerity. Who's to blame for that? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

He benefitted from the optics of getting Dyson on board. It was purely partisan and politica, like everything he does. It could have cost lives, but Johnson doesn't care. The fact that a person like Dyson has his mobile number and bypassed all the normal processes alone is a huge problem. Starmer would be in dereliction of his duties if he let this go. 

Starmer would be better off focusing on things that had actual negative consequences rather than things that could have had negative consequences but didn't. But then that might actually win some votes and put the party in danger of polling better 

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

Starmer would be better off focusing on things that had actual negative consequences rather than things that could have had negative consequences but didn't. But then that might actually win some votes and put the party in danger of polling better 

Corruption doesn't have negative consequences?