Politics

Christmas Tree

A lot down there might be in connection with HS2. Even the tory die hards there are mostly deadly against it. The last one had the bonus of being against it, but with building really having started they probably don’t trust another tory. They are absolutely livid about the project ruining their countryside (just don’t call them a nimby).

7 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

A lot down there might be in connection with HS2. Even the tory die hards there are mostly deadly against it. The last one had the bonus of being against it, but with building really having started they probably don’t trust another tory. They are absolutely livid about the project ruining their countryside (just don’t call them a nimby).

The Lib Dems fully support HS2, as do the other major parties, with the exception of the Greens. And yet the Greens got less than 4% of the vote. Riddle me that. 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

I'm generally in favour of PR - I'm just saying that an assumption that there's naturally an anti-tory alliance is a bit presumptive. 

The Lib Dems were happy to form electoral pacts to keep the Tories out in the last election and are in favour of PR so if they get Labour on board I can’t see why they wouldn’t go all out to defeat the Tories.

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

They chose a bland suit as their candidate, too, which didn't help get their vote out.

Tbf he was up against prime totty. 

I’m sure she’s a good politician too. :lol:

On 20/06/2021 at 11:50, TheGingerQuiff said:

ORDERRRRRR. Bercow defects. 

Seen right wing twitter claiming this as proof that Bercow was always left-leaning. Instead of the more likely truth that Bercow is just entirely sick of the current group of cunts calling themselves the Conservatives.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Matt Hancock has been shagging the help.

Expect a promotion in the next cabinet reshuffle.

fucking mind boggling that there's even one single woman on god's green earth who'd find anything even remotely attractive about that sulky, smarmy, incompetent tory cunt.

19 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

How is he surviving this. Just how. He's a national laughing stock.

His boss has a toddler's petty grudge about being sacked by Michael Howard for lying about the same thing so he's safe. 

• Like 1