Politics

Christmas Tree

I see the standard of discourse in here as fallen somewhat..

Quiff, no offence but it currently looks like you're that angry drunk at the pub who is trying to pick a fight with everyone. I mean I read back through this and you were the one who started it, no one was even talking about you. The idea that you would prefer to have a pint with Hancock over almost any other member of the human race is risible. The man defines the word 'weakness', and is seemingly one of the most selfish and blatantly corrupt politicians we've ever had in office. I know you think all politicians are as bad as each other, but not all of them lie to government while thousands are dying in order to protect their fucking jobs. I mean think about that ffs, Hancock saw thousands of deaths amongst his fellow citizens and decided none of them were worth his own career. The man is a fucking psychopath.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Quiff, no offence but it currently looks like you're that angry drunk at the pub who is trying to pick a fight with everyone. I mean I read back through this and you were the one who started it, no one was even talking about you. The idea that you would prefer to have a pint with Hancock over almost any other member of the human race is risible. The man defines the word 'weakness', and is seemingly one of the most selfish and blatantly corrupt politicians we've ever had in office. I know you think all politicians are as bad as each other, but not all of them lie to government while thousands are dying in order to protect their fucking jobs. I mean think about that ffs, Hancock saw thousands of deaths amongst his fellow citizens and decided none of them were worth his own career. The man is a fucking psychopath.

Who are you describing, Quiff or Hancock? Or both?

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

:lol: Sure, I started it. 

OK, I've taken every post from the end up to the most recent one even vaguely to do with politics into the general conversation thread.

Feel free to continue this shit in there. 

• Like 1

Labour reported to be feeling less than confident of holding Batley and Spen, with some suggestions that it could trigger a backbench revolt and potentially even a leadership challenge.

Not sure on the demographics of this seat personally but it sounds as though George Galloway is running as an independent on a strong workers/left wing ticket, and Labour actually believe he might be a deciding factor in their potential loss to the Tories.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Why though, what sort of priorities does the community have?

From what I've read, there's a decent amount of pork barrel politics involved - jealous glances at the neighbouring constituencies that went Tory last time and have been promised investment that Batley hasn't. Combined with disaffected Muslim voters who'd normally be Labour's core vote in the area but who say they're voting elsewhere this time because of Starmer's statements on foreign policy issues.

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

From what I've read, there's a decent amount of pork barrel politics involved - jealous glances at the neighbouring constituencies that went Tory last time and have been promised investment that Batley hasn't. Combined with disaffected Muslim voters who'd normally be Labour's core vote in the area but who say they're voting elsewhere this time because of Starmer's statements on foreign policy issues.

That latter group being the ones who will vote for Galloway, I suppose. I mean I can understand the thinking from group 1 tbh, it's not like Labour will be in power any time soon, this result won't change anything in terms of the overall make up of the country, so why not throw it to the Tories and gain the extra funding - can always vote them out next time when it might actually matter. It's entirely logical, sadly.

Edited by Rayvin

It isn't a labour stronghold any more, its a marginal. Huge Muslim population coupled with a sizable number of BNP type cunts. Labour never had a chance in this seat, so to infer anything about Starmer's fate based on it is daft. Honestly, these type of seat can go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

George Galloway is only bothered about George Galloway imo. He’s like a shite that won’t flush

He also creepily pretended to be a cat, on national television. How he isn't laughed out of every room is a fucking mystery.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

He also creepily pretended to be a cat, on national television. How he isn't laughed out of every room is a fucking mystery.

Wasn’t he trying to get amongst Rula Lenska’s desiccated minge when he did that? 

Bloke’s got a Granny/Furry fetish.