Politics

Christmas Tree

Christ, now the fuckheads think GB News has a "secretly Marxist agenda". None of them even know a damn thing about Marxism ffs.

In fact, recently I've heard these sorts of people actually talk about things that I would consider to be Marxism, as if they're right wing issues. The "working class man" needs to stand up to elite power structures and wrestle the money away from the "woke, marxist" super rich. 

Utter morons.

• Like 3

Agreed, he was. My view is that it spawned out of an Internet based culture war that went mainstream but I know that others feel this was just natural progression of overwhelmingly right wing media talking points in general.

Trump definitely not the cause.

I mean, there are youtube stations that cover the same shit which do fine - their mistake is in thinking that their audience is watching or interested in traditional news. The problem I suspect is the traditional news in some form, even GB News, does have to report on things based on some manner of factual reality come what may. On the internet, people can say any old shite without any accountability, meaning that biases can be catered to and bubbles preserved more purely.

Sargon has given up on YouTube now and seems to run his own news/blogging site with a team of young Tories - and I'd wager he gets more hits and views than GB News does. But then, he's one of the least impartial people I've seen so nothing he says is going to threaten the views of those who come to watch his stuff.

The right don't want free speech or honest and open debate as is abundantly clear from this BLM issue. They just want a safe space to rage against "Marxism", a word they can't define, and "wokeness", a word that they perceive as a threat to them but which isn't. And you know, there are plenty on the left who operate in the same way - but they're the lunatic fringe of the left. And what we're seeing is the increasingly lunatic mainstream of the right, not a fringe.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i dunno how that sargon twat had the gall to show his face after his ukip embarrassment. i presumed he'd moved back in with his mam

I reckon he's running out of steam but I have nothing to base that on.

"Ok guys, last thing on the agenda.....'Newcastle Natter' or 'NUFC Patter'?"

"Well any self respecting Geordie would probably go for 'patter' over 'natter' I'd argue?"

Great! So we're agreed then? 'Newcastle Natter' it is!"

;)

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

"Well any self respecting Geordie would probably go for 'patter' over 'natter' I'd argue?"

;)

:lol: 

It's a shit name and no mistake.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

;)

Have you checked out Newcastle Platter? Quality side hustle podcast on English tapas 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Have you checked out Newcastle Platter? Quality side hustle podcast on English tapas 

The spin-off podcast about where in town does the best Portuguese custard tarts is stretching the joke a bit, mind. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Even then I'd venture 3.5 million is likely underplaying the real figure. For the most part you're talking driving licence or passport. 

Even for me - living in the small town I fucking grew up in - trying to find someone who met the criteria to sign those bastarding photos was a right ball-ache.

• Like 1