Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

@Dr Gloom Should’ve been Maitlis...but he wouldn’t have done it then. Kunnnesburg is part of the problem...

Did you watch it? Her line of questioning was robust. She held him to account pretty well, I thought. She seemed angry at him when he she caught him smirking as she challenged him on some of his own bullshit

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Did you watch it? Her line of questioning was robust. She held him to account pretty well, I thought. She seemed angry at him when he she caught him smirking as she challenged him on some of his own bullshit

You mean she robustly protected Boris from his accusations?

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

You mean she robustly protected Boris from his accusations?

boris did not emerge well from the interview, nor did cummings. he is trying to change history so he is remembered differently. she challenged him on all of it. i'm not her biggest fan either but it's a good interview. she does her job well in this case 

She seemed genuinely surprised by some of the shit he came out with....despite plainly being his national mouthpiece for some time.  I certainly don't hate her or anything but she's a massively conflicted figure whether she or others in the media wish to accept that or not. She's one of the reasons the BBC is in trouble. When the tories got into power and and started to put the thumbscrews on BBC news would've been better to go down fighting rather than roll over and take it dry.... 

Cummings has spent a decade making sure lying is a natural as breathing in government.  Now he's all "OMG THESE DREADFUL PEOPLE I EMPOWERED!!!" he can frankly go and fuck off and die in a skip. He's responsible for where we are. MPs can act with near impunity and only get a slap on the wrist. He can send Rees Mogg off to Scotland to lie to the Queen's face about the poroguing of Parliament.  Hes destroyed objective truth being part of government.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Aye get Osbourne in to cut disability benefits

Pretty sure I remember reading that some 500,000 people have had their disability benefits cut under Johnson. And that he proposed that they go and get jobs. I can see articles about it online but they're admittedly only in local papers and not the major ones, so I'm hesitant to assume it's truth. But I think at the least it's probably safe to say that he hasn't done anything to make the situation better, while carrying our a number of actions which mean that their cost of living will go up.

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Not just you, your whole country.

You have some rather strange rules in parliamentary.

Yes, rules say the PM is allowed to lie with impunity but MPs aren't allowed to either make the accusation or suggest that it's not a particularly good thing to do in regards to democracy itself....

An antiquated rule from a time where MPs were expected to be reasonably honest and have the honour to come to the house and apologise when they'd mislead it. Unfortunately those rules didn't allow for this particular shower of cunts.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Patel has been subjected to a vote of no confidence from the police. Does this mean anything or is it an empty gesture? I'm guessing the latter.

made me laugh that did yesterday. patel given a vote of no confidence by a bunch of cunts who are institutionally corrupt.

the pair of the fuckers deserve each other.