Politics

Christmas Tree

7 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

made me laugh that did yesterday. patel given a vote of no confidence by a bunch of cunts who are institutionally corrupt.

the pair of the fuckers deserve each other.

I didn't think there'd be anybody that could pick a fight with Patel and have me rooting for her :lol:

Edited by TheGingerQuiff
  • Haha 1

You’d like to think that Johnson’s 80 seat majority would crumble when they try to get this through Parliament....you’d like to think that this would really fuck with their conscience... I wouldn’t bank on it though... we’re definitely not in fuckin Kansas any more...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jul/24/wholl-defend-our-right-to-a-free-press-not-the-ex-hack-in-no-10

• Like 1

On 23/07/2021 at 15:13, ewerk said:

An antiquated rule from a time where MPs were expected to be reasonably honest and have the honour to come to the house and apologise when they'd mislead it. Unfortunately those rules didn't allow for this particular shower of cunts.

To be fair, it has not been a part of politics anywhere for a very long time.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NJS said:

I hope him laughing at them tickles the consciences of the cunts in Blyth and Consett who voted for him but I doubt it will. 

They’ll be blaming Labour and/or The EU

• Like 1

I think it was Trump who agreed the withdrawal / did the deal with the Taliban. Not sure how difficult it would’ve been for Biden to go back on that. Not that he seemed to want to stop it, quite the opposite. 

11 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

20 years, 241,000 deaths and £20.3 billion pounds later and Afghanistan is back where it was. What a fucking waste.

Even at the time when there was a lot of support for it (unlike Iraq later) I thought it was a mistake. I didn’t see how the west could succeed where the soviets failed 

Blair was certainly acting as Bush's poodle. Tbh, I'm not sure if a do nothing after 9/11 was feasible either, but we are where we are as they say. Once committed, we were committed without a time limit. Fact is, we were maintaining relative peace and stability with an international skeleton military force. We've now withdrawn that abruptly and it will have a devastating effect on the people of Afghanistan, the stability of the region, and perhaps global terrorism. I don't accept Biden had to do anything Trump agreed to. He's now to blame for this, and I believe it will turn out to be a disastrous decision. 

• Like 2

Disastrous for the Afghan people, particularly young girls who will no longer be allowed to go to school when the Taliban regain the entire country. Better news for US public finances.

The idea that democracy could take hold in a country like Afghanistan via regime change was always a fantasy. 

• Like 1

Quick google:

• $822bil spent on the war in Afghanistan between 2001-2019
  • 2300 US soldiers and 450 UK soldiers dead
  • 64,000 Afghan soldiers and Police dead
  • 111,000 civilians dead (and we didn't start counting til 2009)

All for it to fall to shit within 12 months of pulling out troops.