Politics

Christmas Tree

Refused to acknowledge that his speech was any good, that he hadn't offered an olive branch to the left, defended those heckling him throughout. Basic childish shit.

Clearly losing her seat at the altar of Corbyn has taught her nothing.

Edited by ewerk

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Refused to acknowledge that his speech was any good, that he hadn't offered an olive branch to the left, defended those heckling him throughout. Basic childish shit.

Clearly losing her seat at the altar of Corbyn has taught her nothing.

She's a fucking dope, that one. 

just watching some clips of the hecklers on the beeb. fucking state of them. i think if anything, they have done him a favour as anyone watching it on the news will see him taking on the freaks

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I haven’t seen it but it was reported on twitter that some of the heckling took place when Starmer was paying tribute to the parents of Stephen Lawrence. 

I didn't notice that but they did heckle him as he spoke of his mother's death. Pidcock also refused to condemn that and instead starting going on about her own father dying. Zero shame.

• Jaysus... 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I didn't notice that but they did heckle him as he spoke of his mother's death. Pidcock also refused to condemn that and instead starting going on about her own father dying. Zero shame.

Wtf is wrong with people? 

Enjoyed that speech. 1985 lite. We desperately need the likes of Starmer now more than ever. A serious politician, not a popularist bufoon.

Bridget being interviewed by John Snow, doing well. I hope one day she is part of government and not just a shadow minster. Easily the most famous toontastic alumni already (pretty low bar!).

Edited by Renton

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

image.png.cfc889768e1cec91f43cb115567fc97c.png

Seems to have gone down well with the public who saw it. The problem is that the vast majority of the public will never see it.

Toynbee made the point these things can filter through to public consciousness by osmosis. No idea if this is right or not tbh, but it feels right. Just have to hope for a shit tory conference as well. 

Labour can't afford to bring this up next GE. We are not rejoining the EU any time in our life times imo. A move to join the EEA ion a bespoke deal is the best bet. That will include FoM but is still years off.  

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Labour can't afford to bring this up next GE. We are not rejoining the EU any time in our life times imo. A move to join the EEA ion a bespoke deal is the best bet. That will include FoM but is still years off.  

It’s funny because a lot of people commenting on twatter seem to think the party should campaign on rejoining. But I think you’re absolutely correct, unfortunately.