Politics

Christmas Tree

it's too early to double down on rejoin, but i think keith has to grow a pair at some point and at least be bold enough to point out where boris's brexit has gone tits up. 

maybe fight back with slogans too, given that's all that seems to resonate with the dimwitted british public. keep banging the drum that this is boris's brexit - his version of brexit, his oven-ready deal etc every time there are queues at the pumps, shortages of key workers, empty supermarket shelves etc

I think the work began on that in his speech yesterday. He can't attack Brexit itself but he can attack the way it's been implemented. Rejoin is off the table for the forseeable but there's no reason that a closer relationship with Europe isn't an achievable aim.

8 hours ago, ewerk said:

I think the work began on that in his speech yesterday. He can't attack Brexit itself but he can attack the way it's been implemented. Rejoin is off the table for the forseeable but there's no reason that a closer relationship with Europe isn't an achievable aim.

That was more of that from Wes Streeting on QT. Good to see

I told you Owen Jones was a cunt. He’s another one who has more work / influence when Labour are in power. Another Tory enabler kidding himself he’s working towards ‘real change’ or whatever 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I told you Owen Jones was a cunt. He’s another one who has more work / influence when Labour are in power. Another Tory enabler kidding himself he’s working towards ‘real change’ or whatever 

I read his book Chavs and thought it was an alright read.  This was before I knew who he was.  Complete and utter CUNT

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I read his book Chavs and thought it was an alright read.  This was before I knew who he was.  Complete and utter CUNT

I don’t disagree with everything he says by any means but that’s just kicking the hornets nest to further his own career imo. Or maybe that’s giving him too much credit 

• Haha 1

I left home aged twenty at the end of January 1990 (same day as we drew at the stadium of copyright infringement) ... a callow youth, I was destined for AWE Aldermaston as a maintenance technician.  This place was guarded by the civil nuclear constabulary,  as are all other nuclear sites in Britain. I was required to go through positive vetting. Am fairly sure that phrase for security clearance no longer exists but the extent to which I was investigated was huge.. this was the same level as senior police officers, army officers, senior civil servant etc. I was interviewed by an ex army officer who at that point was the poshest person I'd ever met. The advice from the workshop was "don't be a daft bugger and say anything controversial " so I didn't, played the game. I was required to give the name of my school so he could visit there & the name & address of a farmer who I'd  worked for every year for most of my teens . Looking back, this was to ascertain the nature of my character, to see if there were any red flags in my background that may leave me open to blackmail by bad actors etc. All financial records were also looked at. I know for a fact this bloke visited the farmer because he told my old man about it in the village pub and so would've undoubtedly visited the school on the same visit up north. 

If I was subject to all that at the age of 20, what the fuck has happened to the vetting process in the intervening 30 years that allowed the individual they yeaterday threw away the key on to be cleared to work at the same place? The cleaners at Aldermaston were cleared to the same high level back then ffs ...

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

I saw that last night. We're levelling up because wages are (allegedly) going up (less than inflation). Its the most important metric apparently, much more important than educational attainment or mortality. This is how these cunts think. 

Pressing him to acknowledge that this is all about Brexit, given there are no queues for fuel elsewhere in Europe, or Northern Ireland, to which of course he won’t 

Johnson is rattled here. He keeps trying to talk over Marr, who is being bullied but is doing his best to point out Johnson lying about issues such as ONS figures on wage growth 

Someone should mention that low wages are partially due to immigration but also 42 years of union suppression. 

Obviously the cunt never thought of wage growth as a boon from brexit but a bigger picture debate is needed.