Politics

Christmas Tree

This is now just get too depressing for me now. A moronic lying scumbag  bellowing "Build Back Beaver" from a podium surrounded by corrupt millionaires whilst the country literally crumbles is proving popular with the electorate. Witnessing now first hand what these cunts have done to the NHS and the care service, I can't take it any longer.  I need to disengage from politics entirely. Taken me several years but I've finally joined project @Gemmill.

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is now just get too depressing for me now. A moronic lying scumbag  bellowing "Build Back Beaver" from a podium surrounded by corrupt millionaires whilst the country literally crumbles is proving popular with the electorate. Witnessing now first hand what these cunts have done to the NHS and the care service, I can't take it any longer.  I need to disengage from politics entirely. Taken me several years but I've finally joined project @Gemmill.

You've got to check out man. Look after your own family and let every other silly cunt do their own thing, including voting for their lives to get worse. 

Either they'll eventually come to their senses or they won't, but it's not your fucking problem. 

I can still get wound up but just not as much. 

I'll give it 3 days til you and Rayvin are at it again though. ;)

• Haha 2

I mean I've disengaged too, other than the odd day here and there.  You can't just stay angry and Brexit going through actually did release me from a lot of care about this stuff. I was obsessed at that point but have really backed off from it. Writing is on the wall for the next election IMO, the sad thing is that Labour appear oblivious.

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yep I'm finally out as well.

Matt Hancock in a cushy new job, and the select committee report about the government complete fuck up of covid response hand waved away without a care.

People are fucking idiots

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mean I've disengaged too, other than the odd day here and there.  You can't just stay angry and Brexit going through actually did release me from a lot of care about this stuff. I was obsessed at that point but have really backed off from it. Writing is on the wall for the next election IMO, the sad thing is that Labour appear oblivious.

Aye, I mean tbf the politics thread and Brexit threads aren't exactly busy nowadays anyway despite the enormous amount of shit going on, for example with the NIP. I think we are all hacked off to the extreme. I'll still be reading about it but I've given up on people essentially; for months and even years I have thought "this is it" but it never is. I've also said though that there will be a sudden rather than gradual collapse of Johnson, and that might still be the case, but I still can't get my head around the polls. And yes, Starmer failing to act to try and seize the narrative rather than be passive is now really beginning to piss me off. Ian Dunt made some good points on what labour need to do on a podcast last week, looks like Starmer wasn't listening.

But the realities of what is happening is now beginning to affect me on a tangible, real level, despite me being comparatively well off. That's why I can't ignore it entirely. It's not just some hypothetical discussion, its now very much real life. And that's truly why I don't understand the polls, because 90% of us are negatively affected. And yet.....

Edited by Renton

Yep same. Was staring at my food bill the other day in disbelief. I swear it's now about £20 more per week than it used to be. Coupled with energy prices and fuel, it's just.. it's going to be fucking painful. I'm currently trying to work 8 days a week(!) to offset the difference. (I'm a bit of a psycho on this front though).

I just don't understand how people have allowed them to get so attached to this lunacy that they're prepared to accept this.. all to avoid admitting they were fucking wrong. I have nothing but contempt for them now. And I say that with grim sadness, not anger.

Edited by Rayvin

Just now, Gemmill said:

If you're still reading articles and listening to podcasts, you're not exactly checking out. The real life impacts of this stuff will be felt whether you read every opinion piece on it or not. 

I know it probably doesn't seem like it, but I read hardly anything now. Just skim headlines, close the app and put Netflix on. What else is there to do, we've been totally defeated.

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If you're still reading articles and listening to podcasts, you're not exactly checking out. The real life impacts of this stuff will be felt whether you read every opinion piece on it or not. 

Maybe. Or maybe you can separate the results of the politics from the wankers behind it. I'm admittedly still fascinated how the NI circle is squared, I actually find Frost hilarious, so that's kind of therapeutic. Gonna try an wean myself off rather than cold turkey it maybe. 

If those polls don’t make Labour see it’s now the time for a progressive alliance then I fear nothing will. Ironically the membership seems to have cottoned on

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Alex said:

If those polls don’t make Labour see it’s now the time for a progressive alliance then I fear nothing will. Ironically the membership seems to have cottoned on

It has to just be arrogance at this point unless they know something we don't and think they can turn it on pre-GE. I don't want them to take risks like that though, I want them to do the safe, secure thing so we don't lose another 5 years.

If that person turns out to be left leaning in some capacity then we're just fucking done.

"Conservatives under threat of violence, bravely speaking out despite constant intimidation"

"We need to have a conversation in this country about the danger of the left"

"Left wing extremism on the rise, further measures put in place to control society for the safety of all"

Seems like he's stable at least anyway. Hopefully he ends up ok and it turns out to have been some lone wolf attack.

• Like 1