Politics

Christmas Tree

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

There are some very odd ones out there mind - people have gone way off track from just he and she. 

"fae", "faer" and "faeself" are some that I've seen around - but I also saw some pushback because it technically counts as the appropriation of pagan culture :lol: 

Theyre all Scots words as you should know young man 😡

• Haha 1

On 26/10/2021 at 10:47, Meenzer said:

Remember when Brass Eye got Dr. Fox to say "Now that's a scientific fact: there's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact"?

Now imagine you're the BBC, and you see fit to publish an extensive piece demonising trans women based on reams of anecdotes, in which the author says "it has been difficult to determine the true scale of the problem because there has been little research on this topic" and a particularly prominent interviewee admits she doesn't have any actual numbers, yet she confidently "knows" this is being done by a "sizeable minority" of trans women.

Still, at least they bother to talk to an actual trans person in the [checks notes] 56th paragraph.

Fuck's sake. :lol: :jesuswept:  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57853385

Also, top quality vetting by three BBC.

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

It never stops getting worse does it? And people just won't wake up to it. I'm really struggling to understand why not. Why the utter apathy for these cunts destroying the country, or worse, actively supporting it? How the fuck can anyone vote for Rees Mogg or more than half of these tory cunts?

It's not as simple as the MSM, although that's part of it @Dr Gloom. We had a shit MSM 20 years ago yet that didn't stop people getting outraged about cash for questions and sleaze, which is nothing compared with today. Maybe its some undefined multifactorial thing. I've given up trying to understand it. 

• Like 1

The longer we have Tory governments, the more people grow up thinking that’s the norm. 
I reckon we’re at the point now where a significant proportion don’t see anything wrong with most of what they do. 

In the 10-15 years or so that I was involved in Rope Access, the number of working lads who were rampant Tories was quite staggering. 

TL:DR  People are selfish cunts 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is Labour still a political party or did they fold? Can't remember the last time I heard anything about them whatsoever.

Rayner was very impressive today in PMQ today tbf. She floored the fat oaf. Also the story headlined BBC news at 10, albeit very brief.  There is huge political capital to be made here, but 1) Will labour take advantage of it? 2) Will anyone care? It's the latter point that i find most perplexing. 

Just now, Renton said:

Rayner was very impressive today in PMQ today tbf. She floored the fat oaf. Also the story headlined BBC news at 10, albeit very brief.  There is huge political capital to be made here, but 1) Will labour take advantage of it? 2) Will anyone care? It's the latter point that i find most perplexing. 

Well then the media is letting them down because they're getting fuck all through.

I'm so tired of this bullshit now. The Tories aren't even properly 'conservative' anymore, they're just fucking criminals. I went over to the Mail to check this corruption story and the commenters are lining up to condemn him and the party, thousands of upvotes, some even for comments saying "this wouldn't have happened if we'd stayed in the EU". So who the fuck are these people who are still prepared to vote for them...

I've  talked about it being like tipping back on a chair before, reaching a tipping point. I've 2 issues myself with this though. First is the damage is already so bad, rank corruption is so normalised, its hard to see how it can be solved. Second is, i don't even believe the tipping chair theory myself now. Something is very wrong, that's all I know. History tells us we are going to a dark place. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The longer we have Tory governments, the more people grow up thinking that’s the norm. 
I reckon we’re at the point now where a significant proportion don’t see anything wrong with most of what they do. 

In the 10-15 years or so that I was involved in Rope Access, the number of working lads who were rampant Tories was quite staggering. 

TL:DR  People are selfish cunts 

History now states that Blair and Brown created an irresistible vision which inevitably won in 97 - I think the biggest factor in their victory was that after 18 years of tory rule most people thought they'd had enough time and someone else deserved a chance but now I think that solid 40% of pure cuntishness has become more ingrained bedded in by brexit. 

The only hope is that they've now become Johnson personified and think they can get away with anything but it's becoming harder to think of anything that would actually stink enough to move that 40%.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NJS said:

History now states that Blair and Brown created an irresistible vision which inevitably won in 97 - I think the biggest factor in their victory was that after 18 years of tory rule most people thought they'd had enough time and someone else deserved a chance but now I think that solid 40% of pure cuntishness has become more ingrained bedded in by brexit. 

The only hope is that they've now become Johnson personified and think they can get away with anything but it's becoming harder to think of anything that would actually stink enough to move that 40%.

It's more than that though imo. Thatchers ideology was horrific but she didn't attempt to destroy parliament and the judiciary. She didn't ban the right to protest. Also of course she was jingoistic when it suited but she didn't promote that at the expense of our international standing and our economy. She didn't lie literally every time she opened her mouth. She didn't take away our personal freedoms.

This lot are something else. As Rayvin says, they're essentially criminals now who have the keys to the country. Johnson is the ultimate popularist but he could easily be replaced by an outright idealogue who could bring us to a very dark place. I was thinking the comparison is much more like 1930s Germany than 1980s UK.

• Like 1

It's the same as Trump in America. Basically the standards and norms which are meant to hold the people in power don't stand up to the lol fuck you approach

The rules don't apply to them and they have no shame or conscience.

The U.S. is a couple of years ahead in the way to being one party authoritarian state, and once the Republicans get back in democracy will be gone over there. We aren't far behind.

Our "rights" are being removed in plain sight and the bovine don't give a fuck

• Like 5