Politics

Christmas Tree

Listening to PMQ right now. Johnson is on the ropes being absolutely belted by Starmer, for once Hoyle is acting as a proper referee. Feels like the beginning of the end now. Fuck me, Johnson now trying to smear Starmer with claims of "misconduct". Again reprimanded by Hoyle. This is ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

What misconduct charge does he have against Starmer?

Starmer's consultancy work he did for Mishcon de Reya he did prior to being Labour leader. Entirely within the rules and obviously he wasn't in a place to influence government (corruption). Hence the stupid twat pronouncing it "mishconduct". 

Oh no. 

How is the poor man going to support his “undetermined number” of kids through prep, private, then Oxbridge without his regular grift? 

Universal Credit just won’t cut the mustard. 

If only he had a network of obscenely rich chums that he’d filled the pockets of throughout his time as PM to fall back on…

… the cunt. 

Calling him a coward will rile the fuck out of him imo. 1) Because he likes to think of himself as a modern day Churchill and 2) it’s true

Edited by Alex
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Where has this version of Starmer been until now?

He's just bided his time, possibly perfectly. Getting in blows that Corbyn could only dream of. If only the Labour party united behind him the tories would be toast. 

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

He's just bided his time, possibly perfectly. Getting in blows that Corbyn could only dream of. If only the Labour party united behind him the tories would be toast. 

Well he certainly won you over. I'm sticking with the greens for now but if he continues to improve on the run in to the GE at least it'll give me a difficult choice.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Well he certainly won you over. I'm sticking with the greens for now but if he continues to improve on the run in to the GE at least it'll give me a difficult choice.

I personally hate dogma and the Greens are probably the most dogmatic party out there. Progressiveness and pragmatism are what's needed imo. Let me know if you come to your senses before wasting your vote.

The Green Party is fundamentally opposed to nuclear energy, which we consider to be expensive and dangerous. The technology is not carbon neutral, and being reliant on uranium it is not renewable. We consider its use, moreover, to be elitist and undemocratic :lol:

As I've made clear before, I'm presently a single issue voter. That issue isn't nuclear power (I agree with your stance on that incidentally).

The Greens aren't going to win power though so what their other positions are don't really matter to me.

It's a wasted vote insofar as attempting to remove the Tories, it's not a wasted vote in terms of pressuring Labour.