Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

BBC licence fee to be frozen at £159 for two years, government confirms https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60027436

The fucking brass neck on these cunts, mind…

The closest Dorries has been to any kind of culture is when she takes her knickers off. 

But they will increase NI payments on the poorest.

This is all part of the red meat to the idiots tactic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

A plot line straight out of Succession. 

Another series I'll never watch due to the current Mrs PL uttering "don't like this" after approx 13 mins of the first episode... they say it was loosely based on the Murdoch err "dynasty"?...

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Another series I'll never watch due to the current Mrs PL uttering "don't like this" after approx 13 mins of the first episode... they say it was loosely based on the Murdoch err "dynasty"?...

My mate got in touch very annoyed after the first episode, insisting it was shit. He's now fully hooked. 

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Gateshead's finest trotting out excuses for the govt in the FT. This lad will eventually make the move from press to backroom No.10, I predict. 

Stuff like this pisses me right off. Loads of people continued to work in offices during the lockdown, and it was far from normal and because you also live a life outside the office it was very clear what the restrictions were. And these were literally the people making the laws don't forget. It's utterly pathetic to say somehow they weren't aware of them or thought they didn't apply to them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Gateshead's finest trotting out excuses for the govt in the FT. This lad will eventually make the move from press to backroom No.10, I predict. 

The vast majority of Whitehall / Westminster worked from home at this time. Right up to the most senior level of civil servants. Some occasionally had to attend face to face meetings and some people went to the office because personal circumstances meant that working from home wasn’t a viable option. However these people would have told you that Westminster was like a ghost town at that time. The exception was no. 10 and ministerial private offices. This is because they think they’re special and the rules don’t apply to them, on the whole, because most of their staff could’ve easily carried out their work remotely. And, as we know, loads of ministers and their staff caught and spread covid at that time, likely as a direct result of that. 
As has been pointed out, they would’ve been acutely aware of the rules. The misgivings people who were invited had about the party at the time demonstrates this. But it really goes without saying anyway. 
As Renton points out he and lots of other people also couldn’t work from home at that time. If he, teachers, bin men, Amazon delivery drivers or whatever had attended a similar ‘work event’ they would’ve known they’d have been liable to be prosecuted/fined. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4