Politics

Christmas Tree

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It is bizarre, was a tiny room really.
I’ve got vague memories of Pud towering over the pool table at the end of the room- we used to congregate at the window table at the left end of the bar upstairs, unless someone was sitting there, in which case we’d gently and gradually encroach until they fucked off :lol:

Sounds like we’ve all met but we just don’t really remember it :lol: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

I miss Best Scotch.  You can’t get it anywhere down here. I was emailing some poor lassie at McEwans last year trying to find some. There’s absolutely fuck all in the South East and they don’t do cans any more (mind you they were a bit shite compared to the draught). Cockneys man, IPA, lager and fucking whelks.   

The one you’ve got to come back for.  FFS

:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

I miss Best Scotch.  You can’t get it anywhere down here. I was emailing some poor lassie at McEwans last year trying to find some. There’s absolutely fuck all in the South East and they don’t do cans any more (mind you they were a bit shite compared to the draught). Cockneys man, IPA, lager and fucking whelks.   

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Cask Ex(hibition) was the Holy Grail of beer at the time for our lot :lol:

Fucking lovely stuff, totally different to the fizzy piss of the same name that fuelled 90% of the Black Garter :lol:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Remember the weird ‘alive and kicking’ McEwans Lager advert? Or the McEwans Export one with Scottish Cavalier except he was a dummy? Sat on the beach - “just look at those shores” “what shores?” “Thanks, I’ll have a McEwans Export”. Fucking hell, the absolute shit your long term memory retains. I can’t even remember what I had for me tea most days  

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Click in for the thread. 

Didn’t he travel abroad at Xmas meaning he’s triple jabbed. Pretty sure someone photographed him at Heathrow wearing a mask too. The fucking turbo-nonce (allegedly/gdpr) 

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Remember the weird ‘alive and kicking’ McEwans Lager advert? Or the McEwans Export one with Scottish Cavalier except he was a dummy? Sat on the beach - “just look at those shores” “what shores?” “Thanks, I’ll have a McEwans Export”. Fucking hell, the absolute shit your long term memory retains. I can’t even remember what I had for me tea most days  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I remember being a bit blown away by that advert first time I saw it, partly because of itself and partly as it was for that utter pish.

The cocaine was clearly stronger in the 80s.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

"What do you call a small Kangaroo?"

"Wallaby"

"Thanks I'll have a McEwans export" :lol:

• Haha 4

Another successful bomb defusal from Rees-Mogg in the commons just now. When asked by Chris Bryant about the Afghan dog stuff, he accused Bryant of "fussing over a few animals". :lol:

I'd love to kick his face in. 

2 hours ago, trophyshy said:

The Clock used to have best scotch not too long ago and also the Scrogg. (Trouble is you've got to go in there to buy it and drink it). :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/01/2022 at 12:21, ewerk said:

Who is the little unmasked bearded monkey to Johnson’s right who keeps roaring like his team have scored a goal in the Cup Final?

That's the fucker.

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Florida's orrider than Whitley Bay. No Mckewans best scotch in the USA.

Used to sing that in Florida, no one laughed... not much changed.

Edited by scoobos
  • Haha 2

So the Met has now put out a statement saying it's asked that only minimal reference be made in the Sue Gray report to the parties that they're investigating.

In other words, take all the serious stuff out. 

So the Sue Gray report will now be a damp squib, the Met will take weeks/months to complete their investigation and all of the details will be kept under wraps sufficiently enough to allow Johnson to skate. 

This absolutely fucking reeks. 

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 2

We all fucking knew it was coming though. The amount of times that bumbling cunt has uttered "I urge to wait for the Sue Gray report...." you just know his cretins have been busy redacting it. 

How long does it take to release a report? They didn't spend this long looking for WMD.

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

So the Met has now put out a statement saying it's asked that only minimal reference be made in the Sue Gray report to the parties that they're investigating.

In other words, take all the serious stuff out. 

So the Sue Gray report will now be a damp squib, the Met will take weeks/months to complete their investigation and all of the details will be kept under wraps sufficiently enough to allow Johnson to skate. 

This absolutely fucking reeks. 

If you're going to take an extremely optimistic view then it means that the Met have discovered crimes that would be prosecuted at Crown court level.