Politics

Christmas Tree

That’s quite a famous old photo of some ‘commoners’ taking the piss out of a tiff schoolboy outside of Lord’s before the annual Harrow v Eton cricket match. And people still think it’s a good idea to draw our PMs from that particular rancid pool 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

but...

image.thumb.png.3d38b5e11903b9a7aa3bedd18c003cb7.png

It's a fucking shambles isn't it? He'll somehow try to squirm his way out of that one too though - will probably tell us to wait for Sue Gray!

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Person I had never heard of has resigned. This is big news (apparently).

The 'Head of Policy' to resign over the Prime Minister's conduct is pretty fucking damning. 

• Like 1

They’ll say gas supply is a global issue (true). What they’ll omit is that they’ve done fuck all to reduce our reliance on gas (think it’s something like 75% of home have gas central heating).  Or that China, India and the EU are bigger players with more clout when it comes to securing deals on prices. 

Shes sort of tried to damn him with feint praise but you have to wonder what a presumably bright young woman would have got out of working for such a morally unscrupulous fuckin cunt . She's likely one of his many enablers with Stockholm syndrome or has spent a decade and a half lying to herself 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alex said:

They’ll say gas supply is a global issue (true). What they’ll omit is that they’ve done fuck all to reduce our reliance on gas (think it’s something like 75% of home have gas central heating).  Or that China, India and the EU are bigger players with more clout when it comes to securing deals on prices. 

I read an article a little while ago suggesting the 'stay at home' / 'work from home' philosophy during the pandemic has put a increased demand on domestic energy supply and conversely, a reduced demand for the corporate sector - companies closing/reducing offices and occupancy. Suggestion that the savings organisations are making in terms of their energy costs by employing hybrid working policies should be filtered down to the employees who are operating that working model.

That and the huge hike in sales / installation of hot tubs during the pandemic which has naturally increased energy demands too. 

Made sense, sort of.

• Like 1

Peston trying to put all the resignations tonight down to Johnson's "ruthlessness". Fucking hell mate, this is your job, and you either can't see that this is him trying to cover over Mirza's scathing resignation letter, or you know and you're reporting what makes Johnson look best. 

This looks like the beginning of the end for wanker boy mind. This was not planned. 

2 hours ago, Craig said:

I read an article a little while ago suggesting the 'stay at home' / 'work from home' philosophy during the pandemic has put a increased demand on domestic energy supply and conversely, a reduced demand for the corporate sector - companies closing/reducing offices and occupancy. Suggestion that the savings organisations are making in terms of their energy costs by employing hybrid working policies should be filtered down to the employees who are operating that working model.

That and the huge hike in sales / installation of hot tubs during the pandemic which has naturally increased energy demands too. 

Made sense, sort of.

So, I’m facing a massive hike in my bills because office wankers were living it up in hot-tubs whilst I was out grafting. 

image.gif.9113fd899624f05e5971b6bcaf91f2c7.gif

• Haha 1