Politics

Christmas Tree

Well the tories are well and truly fucking the country now, aren't they? It's getting to the point where I am scared what Labour will inherit (I am increasingly certain Johnson can't outright win the next election). I've just been to the coop (no green grocers here) to get a handful of vegetables I need to make the fresh food they constantly tell me I can make for 30 pence. Would have been 3 quid this time last year, now it's 5 quid. Okay, I can afford this but how the fuck can people on minimum or living wage? Also went to Boots to see if they have managed to procure the drugs I need for a chronic condition. They're still out of stock. Three months now. This medication isn't essential for my life or health but a lack of it causes me considerable discomfort. Never happened before. Other other personal gripe affecting me is the metro is getting increasingly unbearable with antisocial behaviour meaning I don't really want to work in the office any more, which actually in my case isn't great for my work or mental health. Homelessness is everywhere too. 

Feels to me like capitalism is finally failing and we are in the vanguard of it in Europe being led by the most incompetent, corrupt government in the country's history. I hope I'm wrong but without some kind of paradigm shift in thinking I can't see a way out of this, and I just can't see that happening with the present constitution and status quo. We're just going to go full on US mode and face an increasingly dystopic future. It all comes down to one thing imo, the triumph of lies over truth. The signs were there two decades ago, now we have to face the reality even though most people don't know why it's happened or recognise their part in it. Rant over, back to work out some health economics for drugs the NHS increasingly won't be able to afford. 

• Like 6

We have a federal election this Saturday and tbh we are in the same place as Britian and the States at the moment. Run by a bunch of cunts who's only interest is to make their mates and benefactors richer and in turn themselves.

Now it's been to many years of these right wing cunts being in charge and Murdoch's media banging their drum but I cannot see them losing because people are so gullible and greedy. They like to call it "aspirational" but it's not, it's just lying to people that if they don't have to pay as much income tax that they will be able to afford that new BMW/iphone/whatfuckingever. Plus people as so stupid they don't realise they are paying more tax anyway because they just take from somewhere else, GST/import duties/not funding healthcare.

I hold no hope that things will change, and I know I keep saying this but humans are the architects of their own extinction - it has already started.

Anyway to give you an idea how bad our tory cunts are, these are a bunch of satirical ads made by comedians, everything they say is 100% true and has taken place just in the last term of government (4 years) but people seem to have forgotten.

• Like 4

Work has blocked that video but yeah, the "American fucking dream" has conned millions of people into thinking that if they work hard, they will reap the rewards. The hardest workers I know are all near the bottom of the pile on 2 or 3 jobs and will never improve their lot with the current system. But you just can't get people to think otherwise. I mean I hate the monarchy and class system in this country, but at least that fairly overtly classifies your place in life. If you want to be a forelock tugger in spite of this, I think you're a moron, but go ahead. But in the US people are brainwashed by the wealthy to accept their situation because of the dream. The dream is becoming a fucking nightmare now. We know soviet-style communism failed in the 90s. Are we too arrogant to think US-style capitalism will ultimately fail too? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Work has blocked that video

Yes there is a lot of swearing in it.
The other problem is the Murdoch media and their like. Their readers believe they talking for them but they're not. murdoch and the like don't want you joining the 1%, that's their club and if we all join it then it is no longer the 1%.

How can they not see that?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

126 individual examples where the UK government failed to follow the guidance they set out. What a fucking joke they are.

• Like 3

I predict one of two things:

1 - It won't be as incriminating as we hoped, but will represent the bare minimum level of police effort to draw a line under it.

2 - If it is as incriminating as we hope, it won't really matter anyway.

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I predict one of two things:

1 - It won't be as incriminating as we hoped, but will represent the bear minimum level of police effort to draw a line under it.

2 - If it is as incriminating as we hope, it won't really matter anyway.

FIsh and chip wrapping now (metaphorically, not literally, damn you EU!). I said months ago, way before christmas, it's cost of living that will do it for Johnson. And that's turning out worse than I had imagined. 

47 minutes ago, Renton said:

FIsh and chip wrapping now (metaphorically, not literally, damn you EU!). I said months ago, way before christmas, it's cost of living that will do it for Johnson. And that's turning out worse than I had imagined. 

And....

3 hours ago, sammynb said:

Yes there is a lot of swearing in it.
The other problem is the Murdoch media and their like. Their readers believe they talking for them but they're not. murdoch and the like don't want you joining the 1%, that's their club and if we all join it then it is no longer the 1%.

How can they not see that?

Erm, because they're thick

• Like 1

So the Met's investigation is a stitch up. I remember though Cumming's said that if there is ever a covid enquiry while the lard trolley is in office, the civil service will happily put the boot in. He makes enemies out of ervyone ultimately, doesn't he? 

They’re picking some odd targets like. I don’t quite see how going to war with Civil Service HR (see today’s torygraph on the Cabinet Office) is a vote winner. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Sunak named on the ST Rich List in the same week he's told everyone how tough the next few months will be. You could not make these cunts up. 

Him in his own right or due to his non-dom missus?

48 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The pair of them. First front line politician ever to be named on the list. 

Fuck me. And the cunt will be totally oblivious to the irony.

I see the Reuben brothers are in at number 3.

Everyone in the top 20 has north of £8bn. Who needs that much money man, what can they possibly do with it that needs them to have that much. I'm close to posting that infographic again about how utterly obscene it all is.

Braverman saying she wants to get rid of human rights along with every other Blair legacy today. Wants to wipe out some Cameron stuff, like the tory tree logo, cos, y'know, that's just far too woke. Bring back the torch of liberty. Honestly, we've been gaslit so much by these fuckers some people actually want their human rights removed. Quite fucking unbelievable if you think about, like the concept a "do gooder" is a bad thing. 

Oh, and Johnson senior (Stanley) now believes Brexit was a good thing after all apparently. Just been granted French citizenship. Of course blocking FoM was never going to affect these cunts, its just for the plebs, who amazingly voted for it! 

Edited by Renton

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Oh, and Johnson senior (Stanley) now believes Brexit was a good thing after all apparently. Just been granted French citizenship.

'e deserves it, mister. *doffs cap, tugs forelock*

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Braverman saying she wants to get rid of human rights along with every other Blair legacy today. Wants to wipe out some Cameron stuff, like the tory tree logo, cos, y'know, that's just far too woke. Bring back the torch of liberty. Honestly, we've been gaslit so much by these fuckers some people actually want their human rights removed. Quite fucking unbelievable if you think about, like the concept a "do gooder" is a bad thing. 

Oh, and Johnson senior (Stanley) now believes Brexit was a good thing after all apparently. Just been granted French citizenship. Of course blocking FoM was never going to affect these cunts, its just for the plebs, who amazingly voted for it! 

Liberty is about the only thing they'll be able to pivot to. "We want a country free to be as blindly fucking stupid as it wants to be - no one will ever tell an Englishman that he can't shoot his own foot before taking a hacksaw to what's left of it, and subsequently throwing it at a foreigner while singing No Surrender! For they will be emboldened by a government that did the exact same thing to its own country!"