Politics

Christmas Tree

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Nothing to do with the relative coverage of the Labour and the Tories? ;) That trumps ‘charisma’ all day long. Johnson was only ever charismatic because of his being indulged / his portrayal imo. Paint him for what he is and it’s a completely different perception 

Don’t expect Gloomy to agree on this, he’s a puppet of the MLM :lol:

38 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Don’t expect Gloomy to agree on this, he’s a puppet of the MLM :lol:

i like to think myself as more of a stooge 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

i like to think myself as more of a stooge 

Did you watch the LK Panorama on Johnson last night? I had to switch off after 20 minutes, was truly nauseating. Proper Goebbles stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Did you watch the LK Panorama on Johnson last night? I had to switch off after 20 minutes, was truly nauseating. Proper Goebbles stuff. 

no am away in Switzerland with work so didn’t see it. I just saw some clips of her interviews with number 10 staff dishing the dirt on the parties 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

no am away in Switzerland with work so didn’t see it. I just saw some clips of her interviews with number 10 staff dishing the dirt on the parties 

Yeah, that was highly misleading. 90% of it was what a top bloke "Boris" is, and anyway Starmer's "party" was just as bad. Used to watch Marr sometimes on Sunday morning but I'm fucked if I'm watching her. 

He's gonna get away with this. There's nothing new or particularly scathing compared to what we've seen before, and there's a lot of mention of how pleased she is to see improvements made since then. 

No way this gets to 54.

Aye, agree. Nobody is going to be swayed from their position on Partygate now in either direction, so he's lost an irretrievable chunk of support there imo. But cost of living will kill him. 10 million households expected to be in fuel poverty by Xmas. Let that sink in, 10 fucking million. Against a backdrop of huge inflatory increases elsewhere and stagnating wages. He's fucked, unfortunately so are millions of us. 

I think Starmer has come across really well in response to the statement - especially by appealing to the bank benchers to cut out the rot if they have any desire to restore integrity to of the office of government.

Imagine the press coverage if Starmer had just refused to cooperate. Compared to Kuenssberg reminding everyone what a ruddy good chap Johnson is. That on a tv programme where they’d just demonstrated the PM had lied to Parliament and broke the ministerial code. 

The cunt's defence now seems to be you should read the report. The suggestion is he's exonnerated because he wasn't at all the events (but he was at several, and several weren't investigated). He's the fucking PM, it's his responsibility, the buck stops at him. He keeps on saying he is responsible, then act on it, you fucking cunt. 

• Like 1

At my Dad’s funeral, because we followed the rules in place at the time, we were allowed 15 people inside for the service. 
That meant that not all of his family could attend- some of his elder grandchildren volunteered to stay outside so that the younger ones could attend. 
I was full of admiration for them then, but I’m fucking raging now, because we were played.… us and hundreds of thousands of other families who had to make the same incredibly hard decisions, and those who weren’t allowed to be present with their loved ones in their last moments. 
My dad refused to go in to hospital at the end for that very reason - he didn’t want to die alone. It came at a cost, as his last days were, frankly, fucking horrendous, but he had his family with him when he went. 
I know Renton wasn’t able to be with his sister when she passed away, because he followed the rules like the rest of us, as hard as that was to do.

The fact Johnson hasn’t got the fucking honour or courage to stand down from his position now that he’s been exposed is no surprise at all, but it doesn’t stop my incandescent anger at him and his sycophantic cronies- I’ll never forget this, and I sincerely hope nobody else who was made a mug by him does either. 

I wish only the worst of everything for him. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I honestly wish that he had died when he got covid. The fact he got it, was seriously ill (although this was probably exaggerated), and then still acts like this just makes it even worse. And I hate the fact he has made me feel like this, I'm not naturally inclined to wish ill on anyone. As you say, thing is this is something that will never go away whilst he is PM. It's a festering wound and there are millions of us. It's fucked uip the mental health of millions, me included.  We can't move on. The country can never be at peace with itself with this odious divisive cunt as PM. The country will in fact break up as a result, literally. This is what I don't get about his supporters. Can they not see this? Do they simply not care, despite calling themselves unionists? Is their short term gains worth the destruction of the country? Makes me hate all his supporters even more. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

I honestly wish that he had died when he got covid. The fact he got it, was seriously ill (although this was probably exaggerated), and then still acts like this just makes it even worse. And I hate the fact he has made me feel like this, I'm not naturally inclined to wish ill on anyone. As you say, thing is this is something that will never go away whilst he is PM. It's a festering wound and there are millions of us. It's fucked uip the mental health of millions, me included.  We can't move on. The country can never be at peace with itself with this odious divisive cunt as PM. The country will in fact break up as a result, literally. This is what I don't get about his supporters. Can they not see this? Do they simply not care, despite calling themselves unionists? Is their short term gains worth the destruction of the country? Makes me hate all his supporters even more. 

I don't believe he was that ill at all, he certainly wasn't gravely ill - i.e. never intubated etc. Was all exaggerated.

Tom asked me in another thread "why do I hate this country" I don't (although I've never really looked at our history as "glorious") but I fucking despise what Johnson, Farage etc. have made it become. 

Appealed to the prejudices of the lowest common denominator, and sadly there are fucking millions of them.

• Like 5

Johnson’s clearly misled Parliament. It’s not even a matter of debate. So it looks like he’s going for the Harry Redknapp defence, ie he’s stupid and didn’t realise so it wasn’t intentional. It pretty much ruled the former out of the running for the England job but it’s ok for the country’s PM? :lol: 

• Like 4

I'm still not entirely convinced he had it. I can't discount the notion it was a publicity stunt to garner sympathy. Might seem crass and insensitive but if the 'Tory machine' can lie about holding parties, they can equally lie about whether their cunt of a leader had Covid.

• Like 1