Politics

Christmas Tree

The problem the Tories (and us sadly) have is that he's surrounded himself with ministers who would get nowhere near that level of position with a barely competent PM, their loyalty is guaranteed, add to that the MP's who sailed in on the wave of Brexit bigotry and he's all but immovable.

2 years until the next election is a very long time (if we even get one - because I wouldn't put it past these cunts to "have to delay" for the "good of the country").

• Like 2

I can see him having caught it in that environment where he was taking virtually no precautions tbh. I think he wasn’t too seriously Ill but taken in as a precaution. I can’t see any other feasible way the fat lazy cunt could’ve lost a bit of weight 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

The problem the Tories (and us sadly) have is that he's surrounded himself with ministers who would get nowhere near that level of position with a barely competent PM, their loyalty is guaranteed, add to that the MP's who sailed in on the wave of Brexit bigotry and he's all but immovable.

2 years until the next election is a very long time (if we even get one - because I wouldn't put it past these cunts to "have to delay" for the "good of the country").

It can be as late as 24 January 2025. Just to cheer you up ;) 

• Jaysus... 1

25 minutes ago, Craig said:

I'm still not entirely convinced he had it. I can't discount the notion it was a publicity stunt to garner sympathy. Might seem crass and insensitive but if the 'Tory machine' can lie about holding parties, they can equally lie about whether their cunt of a leader had Covid.

Naah, he was treated at an NHS hospital (St Thomas?) and the clinicians treating him were named. They wouldn't partake in a cover up. He would have had to have been seriously ill for that to happen, but not necessarily life-threatening. Unfortunately.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Naah, he was treated at an NHS hospital (St Thomas?) and the clinicians treating him were named. They wouldn't partake in a cover up. He would have had to have been seriously ill for that to happen, but not necessarily life-threatening. Unfortunately.  

Yeah I know, but despite all that I am STILL not convinced that manipulative cunt didn't pull some strings. Appreciate what you're saying, but I can't fully rationalise that it was genuine. And that's a prime example of how much trust you put in that fucking weasel.

I was impressed by Ellwood yesterday - one of the few Tories I actually have time for but then that bloke has some honour.

Just now, Craig said:

Yeah I know, but despite all that I am STILL not convinced that manipulative cunt didn't pull some strings. Appreciate what you're saying, but I can't fully rationalise that it was genuine. And that's a prime example of how much trust you put in that fucking weasel.

I was impressed by Ellwood yesterday - one of the few Tories I actually have time for but then that bloke has some honour.

Sometimes useful to think of Occam's razor. He's a fat unhygenic cunt who was in the prime risk category for getting a serious dose of covid pre-vaccine. Yeah Ellwood is one of the vanishing few tories left who seems to have some morals.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Renton said:

Doctor/Patient confidentiality, NDA's etc. I wouldn't be so sure.

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah Ellwood is one of the vanishing few tories left who seems to have some morals.  

Sadly he's never likely to get near a cabinet position because of said morals. Dare I say it he'd make a far better leader and PM if the Tories DID decide to jettison Johnson, but they're never vote him in.

8 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Doctor/Patient confidentiality, NDA's etc. I wouldn't be so sure.

You can't just get admitted to an NHS hospital without an appropriate indication. Never heard of staff signing NDAs either! His treating nurse also quit the NHS quite publically over the tory's management of it, so pretty sure she would have said something. Look, let's just agree he is a massive cunt and leave it there. ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57162428

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I honestly wish that he had died when he got covid. The fact he got it, was seriously ill (although this was probably exaggerated), and then still acts like this just makes it even worse. And I hate the fact he has made me feel like this, I'm not naturally inclined to wish ill on anyone. As you say, thing is this is something that will never go away whilst he is PM. It's a festering wound and there are millions of us. It's fucked uip the mental health of millions, me included.  We can't move on. The country can never be at peace with itself with this odious divisive cunt as PM. The country will in fact break up as a result, literally. This is what I don't get about his supporters. Can they not see this? Do they simply not care, despite calling themselves unionists? Is their short term gains worth the destruction of the country? Makes me hate all his supporters even more. 

Aye I'm the same. Wish it had killed him. The only difference is I'm not annoyed that he's made me feel like this, I'm annoyed I didn't actively send him bad vibes at the time. :lol:

I was all caught up in OMG what if the PM dies. Well as it turns out it would have been a significant net benefit to the country. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Johnson’s clearly misled Parliament. It’s not even a matter of debate. So it looks like he’s going for the Harry Redknapp defence, ie he’s stupid and didn’t realise so it wasn’t intentional. It pretty much ruled the former out of the running for the England job but it’s ok for the country’s PM? :lol: 

Aye there's no doubt he's misled parliament and there are a few that have stuck their head above the parapet today and said exactly that: I'm submitting a letter because he lied to parliament. 

So the genie is out of the bottle now,we have a PM that lies to parliament and his own party recognise that. Now it's just down to whether the modern Conservative party thinks that that's OK. So far it seems like they do. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye there's no doubt he's misled parliament and there are a few that have stuck their head above the parapet today and said exactly that: I'm submitting a letter because he lied to parliament. 

So the genie is out of the bottle now,we have a PM that lies to parliament and his own party recognise that. Now it's just down to whether the modern Conservative party thinks that that's OK. So far it seems like they do. 

This. There's still a commons priveleges investigation to come. If Johnson is found guilty by that (how can he not?), and the tories continue backing him, then effectively democracy in this country is dead. 

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Just a gentle reminder regarding Ellwood 

B96FABEF-D391-4E16-97BE-FE751E986988.jpeg.f587e7ded73a15b1783b491a097d42d2.jpeg

Aye. Whenever I find my head nodding to Rory Stewart or Jeremy Hunt (honestly, I know!), I remind myself of this. Question for me is can the tory party come back from this and become more like the One Nation tories of the distant past, or are they now corrupt beyond redemption. Judging by their equivalent in the US, I suspect the latter. So if Elwood or Stewart want respect, or Ruth Davision for that matter, quit your party. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

This. There's still a commons priveleges investigation to come. If Johnson is found guilty by that (how can he not?), and the tories continue backing him, then effectively democracy in this country is dead. 

Lizzy could always sign off her “70 Years on the Posh Dole Party” by sacking the cunt. 
If he lost a No Confidence vote but refused to go, which wouldn’t be at all beyond happening, she’d be well within her power to do so. 

Did you see the Tory MP Richard Bacon’s claim re: NHS staff and how they would’ve been letting their hair down in a similar matter at the same time? Apart from being another ill-judged comment / completely baseless accusation, how would that work exactly? Did the (for example) wards treating COVID patients close at 10pm, send them patients home and then everybody got the booze out? What a fucking cunt. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Did you see the Tory MP Richard Bacon’s claim re: NHS staff and how they would’ve been letting their hair down in a similar matter at the same time? Apart from being another ill-judged comment / completely baseless accusation, how would that work exactly? Did the (for example) wards treating COVID patients close at 10pm, send them patients home and then everybody got the booze out? What a fucking cunt. 

I didn't. Was it in an interview? If so did the interviewer ask for evidence? Fabricunt made the same allegation, unchallenged, a few weeks ago. Probably plays to their base but MASSIVELY pisses off public sector workers who were there in lockdown. In the 10 years I worked at the Freeman, I never saw a bottle of beer opened up on site. Instant dismissal offence. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I didn't. Was it in an interview? If so did the interviewer ask for evidence? Fabricunt made the same allegation, unchallenged, a few weeks ago. Probably plays to their base but MASSIVELY pisses off public sector workers who were there in lockdown. In the 10 years I worked at the Freeman, I never saw a bottle of beer opened up on site. Instant dismissal offence. 

It was a BBC interview, so obviously he wasn’t asked to justify the remark or provide any evidence. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Same in just about any organisation.

But most pissed I have ever been was at an office party which started at 09:30 (never touched Southern Comfort since). It was Christmas 1979 mind.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Same in just about any organisation.

But most pissed I have ever been was at an office party which started at 09:30 (never touched Southern Comfort since). It was Christmas 1979 mind.

Ahh the good old days. I remember a party in the office where we replaced the water in the water cooler with white wine. Beer and spirts galore. Boss puked up everywhere and passed out, comatose, had to be dragged out the building. The next day I remember decanting the wine from the cooler and chucking it, with the worst hangover ever. Somehow the wine fucked the cooler mechanism, the guy sent over to fix it was completely scoobied as to why. Sound like a no. 10 party in retrospect. 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye. Whenever I find my head nodding to Rory Stewart or Jeremy Hunt (honestly, I know!), I remind myself of this. Question for me is can the tory party come back from this and become more like the One Nation tories of the distant past, or are they now corrupt beyond redemption. Judging by their equivalent in the US, I suspect the latter. So if Elwood or Stewart want respect, or Ruth Davision for that matter, quit your party. 

You could argue some tried that when Wollaston, Allen and mad as box of frogs, Soubry left to form Change UK - but that ended in fucking disaster. There are some moderately reasonable Tories - Elwood, Stewart, Davison, etc and then there are some nauseating horrible cunts like Rees-Mogg, Francois, Gullis, etc. 

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

I'm not really that interested in politics, to be honest. Maybe I used to be, but not so much now. Nothing to do with me.

• Haha 5

Fair enough Meenz, politics is so dull at the moment.

This is Braverman in response to Thornberry this morning, in the commons, the birth place of democracyTM (Braverman has been leaking her legal opinions on NI to the press). 

I love the United Kingdom, [Thornberry] is embarrassed by our flag. I’m proud of the leadership the United Kingdom has demonstrated, and [Thornberry] wants us to be run by Brussels and wants to scrap Trident. My heroes are Churchill and Thatcher, hers are Lenin and Corbyn.

Yop notch debating there Suella. Standard now from the conservatives.