Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Would be amazing, although I'd actually prefer a stronger LD to nudge forward PR. If it happened like this that would be over. We can dream. 

I really think we could manage this if Labour would just get out ahead of it. The Tories hammered down to 100 seats man. I mean you've just said you want a stronger LD here, and I agree, but if they got much stronger than this they'd be the second biggest party.

We can dream indeed but at some point, surely, someone has to actually make this happen.

36 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

image.thumb.png.459fcf97c90f50ecddee111269bab502.png

Genuinely didn't know he was still alive. 

I think he looks well cosidering the strikes were nearly 40 years ago. Outlived Thatcher by quite a distance. 🖕

I'm confused, won't this torpedo Labours chances of winning the election? ;)

I like Lammy, he gets an incredible amount of bullshit from right wing fuckwits and stands up and is counted despite it. 

Grateful to him for doing so here.

• Like 1

I think that electoral pact only happens if Labour promise PR anyway though. The bloke who does that electoral calculus site was pro-Brexit and wrote a lot of articles on how it would be economically beneficial. Funnily enough he’s gone a bit quiet on that now ;) But the polling analysis on there is excellent.  The fact you’ve got Tories in such a mess yet the boundary changes and the polls indicate they’d still be short of a majority might make them go for an electoral pact. If it happens, annihilates the Tories and brings about genuine electoral reform then it would be incredibly good. I’m too cynical to get my hopes up though 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I'm confused, won't this torpedo Labours chances of winning the election? ;)

I like Lammy, he gets an incredible amount of bullshit from right wing fuckwits and stands up and is counted despite it. 

Grateful to him for doing so here.

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

image.thumb.png.459fcf97c90f50ecddee111269bab502.png

Genuinely didn't know he was still alive. 

It’s sad to see the decline of old heroes. 

This bloke had the most glorious comb-over of the 18th, 19th, and 20th century. 
FIz058wWUAErQKP.jpg

• Haha 1

Could tie a tie properly as well, unlike the utter cunt below. Was it Cameron who tried to suggest the way Corbyn failed to tie his tie properly was indicative of the lacking in class of the left wing? What a fucking joke!

Can a Recovering Boris Johnson Begin to Remake Brexit-Ravaged Britain? |  Vanity Fair

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I seem to remember Nandy saying at the time fighting for a second referendum was wrong, and instead we should accept Brexit but fight for a good deal, stay in the SM & CU.

I thought that was a surrender at the time, but I will admit I was completely wrong, and we'd got behind  that plan we might not be living hhrough this shit show

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That's canny depressing tbf. Lost generation of opportunity. We will be in decline for the rest of my working life, maybe longer. 

I fucking viscerally hate the cunts that orchestrated this. That's not a healthy feeling. 

Also probably means labour aren't up to the big ideas needed like electoral reform. So bye bye Scotland. Christ, I'm suddenly turning into @Rayvin

:suicide:

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

That's canny depressing tbf. Lost generation of opportunity. We will be in decline for the rest of my working life, maybe longer. 

I fucking viscerally hate the cunts that orchestrated this. That's not a healthy feeling. 

Also probably means labour aren't up to the big ideas needed like electoral reform. So bye bye Scotland. Christ, I'm suddenly turning into @Rayvin

Welcome to the dark side

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

I fucking viscerally hate the cunts that orchestrated this.

Anyone who is anyone shares this view IMO. For all the damage those Tory cunts could have done, this will always top the list for me. We will pay the price of it for generations to come. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

So none of this article was a big surprise to me because rightly or wrongly it was what I had assumed Labour's position to be, but with my views on this, how I can vote for them?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Craig said:

For all the damage those Tory cunts could have done, this will always top the list for me. We will pay the price of it for generations to come. 

We've been paying the price for the dismantling the unions for 35 years. Labour didn't try and overturn that, and now it's doing the same here.

I don't want to speak for @Rayvin but if  we don't draw a line in the sand we've already lost. What's the point in voting for them

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So none of this article was a big surprise to me because rightly or wrongly it was what I had assumed Labour's position to be, but with my views on this, how I can vote for them?

Because however small, it's still steps in the right direction. Will give the country a chance to stabilise a bit, defuse some of the bad will we have garnered with the EU. Hope that bigger steps follow this. Rejoining the SM was always going to take a decade by my calculations, although this still disappointis me. But mainly because, the alternative is almost unthinkable. 

• Like 2

"The British people have made a decision and we have to honour it,” he told the UK in a Changing Europe’s annual conference.

Totally flawed argument given it was a tiny margin that won and there were so many lies told. A new referendum would be overwhelmingly in favour of rejoining the EU

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

A new referendum would be overwhelmingly in favour of rejoining the EU

100% I'd have a modicum of respect if they held their hands up and admitted that Brexit is a factor in which we are going through the cost of living crisis, but the cunts never will. Utter fucking arseholes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Could tie a tie properly as well, unlike the utter cunt below. Was it Cameron who tried to suggest the way Corbyn failed to tie his tie properly was indicative of the lacking in class of the left wing? What a fucking joke!

Can a Recovering Boris Johnson Begin to Remake Brexit-Ravaged Britain? |  Vanity Fair

A bit like when Michael Foot wore a donkey jacket that wasn’t a donkey jacket