Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, Renton said:

He won't discount a dissolution of parliament and a GE even when repeatedly asked. What a cunt. 

They've made him answer it. :lol:

Just now, Renton said:

Well that was excrutiatingly brilliant. :lol:

That is bar far the best select committee meeting I've ever watched :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Ooops, he's finally ruled it out. Good job he always tells the truth I guess. 

He would backtrack "I said the earliest I could see a general election was in 2 years" but "that was 5 minutes ago, things have changed" 

I'm going to the theatre tonight. I hate people who surreptitiously (or not so surreptitiously) check their phone during a performance - but if anything was going to make me renege on that policy... :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So, who’s going to pitch their hat in the ring for next leader? 

Raab, Gove, Truss, Hunt, any more for any more? 

Sajid, not sure about Sunak personally though. Doubt Raab will either. Maybe a black horse like Tugenhat. Chris Pincher maybe? 

Committee not changing confidence vote rules

The 1922 committee of Tory backbenchers has decided not to change the rules to allow a second confidence vote against Boris Johnson, the BBC has been told.

1 minute ago, trooper said:

Committee not changing confidence vote rules

The 1922 committee of Tory backbenchers has decided not to change the rules to allow a second confidence vote against Boris Johnson, the BBC has been told.

LBC Said it has

The 1922 Committee of backbench MPs has confirmed it will hold elections for a new executive on Monday, with nominations now open.

When a new executive is in place they can then discuss any potential changes to when a confidence vote in a Tory leader can take place after they have survived one.

Currently, leaders are immune from another confidence vote for a year once they survive one.

However, there has been a push to reduce that immunity after Boris Johnson survived a vote last month and as dozens of MPs in government have now quit in the past 24 hours.

The newly elected executive is expected to change the rules, but it is not known what the reduction in immunity is.

One MP told Sky News: "So No10 can't say we didn't have the mandate of colleagues to change rules."