Politics

Christmas Tree

3 hours ago, Renton said:

How does sacking work in the civil service? Don't you have to have a reason to sack someone? Doesn't usually seem the case in Westminster.

Senior civil servants are treated completely differently to delegated grades (can negotiate salaries and contracts and departments aren’t tied to wage structures etc). But I would think in this instance it’s still a case of gardening leave and / or a massive payoff. 

Are we meant to be grateful that our energy bills have "only" doubled in price in recent months thanks to the governments energy plan?

Locked in for 2 years, just long enough to normalise people paying £2500 a year for gas and electric without touching big oils profits. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sammynb said:

See the Swedes have decided their ayran roots are the way of the future.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/11/swedish-election-exit-polls-far-right

After Johnson won the last election I was so fucked off I was considering moving the family to Denmark. 

When I mentioned to my mate who is married to a Swede he was telling me that Scandanavia is heading that way. I didnt fact check it but he looks right.

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

After Johnson won the last election I was so fucked off I was considering moving the family to Denmark. 

When I mentioned to my mate who is married to a Swede he was telling me that Scandanavia is heading that way. I didnt fact check it but he looks right.

Well that's thoroughly depressing. Anyone know how right wing is this Swedish party on the Farage scale? @Meenzer?

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well that's thoroughly depressing. Anyone know how right wing is this Swedish party on the Farage scale? @Meenzer?

“The SD is currently by far the biggest party in the world with Nazi roots,” said Tobias Hübinette, lecturer in intercultural studies at Karlstad University and a leading anti-racist”

In the article. They’re Neo-Nazis. 

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

They do indeed have their roots in proper actual Nazi stuff. Then again, so did Ace of Base and that never stopped them.

All that she wants, is another thousand year Reich, err, I mean baby, yes, definitely baby not Reich.

• Haha 8

Was speaking to a Swedish (left wing) friend on this and he claimed that part of the reason this is happening is because successive left leaning or pro-immigration governments have failed so utterly at integration. That alongside reports like this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45269764

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9625035/Asylum-seeker-raped-girl-14-avoids-deportation-Sweden-refusing-Covid-test.html

Word of caution on both - the BBC one simply states it was reported by Swedish state TV, and references only convictions not total reported rapes. The second one is the Daily Mail.

But that sort of messaging will be cutting through.

• Like 1

Truss not making much of a bump according to this and I can't see people liking her any more the more they know of her. Today she is planning to scrap the governmants anti-obesity strategy, which cause the NHS even more problems in the future. Genius. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If it means we get full size chocolate bars and packets of crisps back, I'm all for it. 

Have you noticed the lack of choice in crisps since Brexit? Can't get any of my favourites anywhere, some, like Brannigans, have ceased to exist. Saw a packet of pickled onion in the local newsagents yesterday so bought it, fucking 80 pence, ya fucker!