Politics

Christmas Tree

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Hell on in Parliament with tory MPs rounding on Rees Mogg about fracking. Going well so far for the Truss administration. 

Heard it on LBC.  Ed Milliband ripped Rees Mogg a new one too, re introducing fracking is against a specific 2019 Tory manifesto commitment. 

And there’s this…..

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Hell on in Parliament with tory MPs rounding on Rees Mogg about fracking. Going well so far for the Truss administration. 

Best performance from Ed Miliband I can recall as well tearing his reasoning to shreds.

• Like 1

Good to see she’s thinking about doing something which will no doubt lead to unnecessary deaths in the back of advice from Michael Fabricunt. The stupid thing is that most people won’t give a fuck so it’s not even a vote winner 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yes please to this bet too. This is not a vote winning budget. 

You don’t live in the south of England, am thinking it skews  perception when you barely know a soul who would even think about voting for anyone bar there tories. Some of my mates may not bother voting but those who do vote Tory and always have done…

Even with the energy cap and tax cuts, the large majority are going to be poorer and facing a tough winter. And then you still have..... Truss. She's fucking awful man, none of the positives of Johnson and all the negatives. Too many on here have tory Stockholm syndrome. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

You're right, I cannot predict what you South Coast soyboys will be getting up to, but I just don't see this being popular with a majority of the country. 

Obviously the headlines are already written for the Mail etc tomorrow, and they'll be predictably insane, but this is a MASSIVE gamble by Truss which is unlikely to pay off in terms of the economic results she's hoping for. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

:lol:

Holy shit. I'm just catching up with this. Has this dick head really abolished the top rate of income tax? And PL et al. think that's a vote winer? :lol:

Aye. Gone. And Sky News accurately reporting it as "a lot of rich people have just got richer".

Truss genuinely sat behind Kwarteng chuckling while it was being announced, presumably at the opposition front bench reaction. Which is going to be replayed on all the news bulletins all day. 

• Jaysus... 1