Politics

Christmas Tree

Labour absolutely have no excuse not to anihilate these cunts next election. I'm talking about ripping off their heads, pissing down their spinal cords, and setting them alight with lighter fuel type of annihilation. It will probably be too late by then of course, but fucking hell, this is not a budget to win an election with. 

"Politically toxic and economically dubious". The words of an unnamed Tory MP, adding that people would be left "aghast" by the abolition of the top rate of tax. 

The Prefects Common Room has gone fucking doolally here, high on their own supply, and completely out of touch with their own party, the country and economic common sense. Serves the daft cunt right for packing the cabinet with people as fucking stupid/batshit as her. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

"Politically toxic and economically dubious". The words of an unnamed Tory MP, adding that people would be left "aghast" by the abolition of the top rate of tax. 

The Prefects Common Room has gone fucking doolally here, high on their own supply, and completely out of touch with their own party, the country and economic common sense. Serves the daft cunt right for packing the cabinet with people as fucking stupid/batshit as her. 

It'd be funny if I could attribute that entire post to the unnamed tory MP. I bet it's what they are thinking. 

I'm pretty sure even Thatcher didn't borrow to this extent to fund tax cuts for the rich. These cunts are literally going to bankrupt UK PLC. 

We've discussed this all before, but taking a stept back, both Truss and Kwarteng are author of Brittania Unchained, a revolting pamphlet that reads like it was written by Enfield's tory boy. HOW THE FUCK have we let these arse clarts to come into power? If you believe in infinite universes, ours must be at the extreme end of the spectrum, like flipping a coin on heads a million times in a row, to end up with these cunts. 

Edited by Renton

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol:

Holy shit. I'm just catching up with this. Has this dick head really abolished the top rate of income tax? And PL et al. think that's a vote winer? :lol:

Not everyone in the UK thinks like you/us, I think Brexit sort of proved that. No one I know thinks they’re being had by the tories, even if they did “Labour would be worse mate!!” They just don’t think about it very much and then just vote Tory anyway…

• Like 2

makes you wonder why they bothered with a decade of austerity when the end game was to borrow their way to a currency crisis.

at least during this cost of living crisis it was for the worthy cause of *check notes* tax cuts for the country's wealthiest people. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Not everyone in the UK thinks like you/us, I think Brexit sort of proved that. No one I know thinks they’re being had by the tories, even if they did “Labour would be worse mate!!” They just don’t think about it very much and then just vote Tory anyway…

Everybody notices their own pocket though. And people do notice the figure head, Johnson proves that. Truss has more than neutralised Starmer's personality vacuum. Is there much point on arguing on the basis of anecdotes anyway? The polls continue to tell the real story. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

makes you wonder why they bothered with a decade of austerity when the end game was to borrow your way to a currency crisis.

at least during this cost of living crisis it was it was for the worthy cause of *check notes* tax cuts for the country's wealthiest people. 

Borrowing is fine for things like building infrastructure. Tax cuts, not so much. 

• Like 2

On a related note, I've heard that travelling to or holidaying in the US is extrotionately expensive now compared to a decade ago. Don't know if this is true or not as I have no desire to go over there, but this won't help. More fat old retired Americans in London though, yay. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Everybody notices their own pocket though. And people do notice the figure head, Johnson proves that. Truss has more than neutralised Starmer's personality vacuum. Is there much point on arguing on the basis of anecdotes anyway? The polls continue to tell the real story. 

Am not arguing , am suggesting the electorate are queer. I have no idea if the polls are accurate, Cameron probably thought he’d win in 2016…

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Am not arguing , am suggesting the electorate are queer. I have no idea if the polls are accurate, Cameron probably thought he’d win in 2016…

The polls, when done correctly, are entirely accurate within their range of uncertainty.  It's a bit of a myth the polls were wrong about Brexit, or any other major political events. They have always been within the range of uncertainty or confidence limits. Labour currently have a huge lead in the polls that means the confidence intervals aren't even close to overlapping. I think this will only increase personally. I'm primarily worried about what will be left of the country for them to inherent and whether Starmer has the cajones for real change. Not much and no are my guesses on these questions. 

• Like 1

660,000 of Britain's wealthiest are now £10k a year better off on average, courtesy of the top rate of tax going. Just impossible to justify. It'll go straight in their fucking ISAs, and do nothing for the economy. 

These are the Treasury's own figures btw. 

• Like 1

"Around 660,000 top earners will gain £10,000 on average from abolition of highest rate of income tax, Treasury admits". Unfortunately for Truss, that 1% still only have 1% of the votes (although I am sure they would like to change that).

Edit: fooking Gemmill beat me to it. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

On a related note, I've heard that travelling to or holidaying in the US is extrotionately expensive now compared to a decade ago. Don't know if this is true or not as I have no desire to go over there, but this won't help. More fat old retired Americans in London though, yay. 

I go tomorrow FFS.

Got married there in 2017 and exchange rate was 1.36.  3 years earlier was about 1.45.  Today 1.10 if you're lucky.