Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

You don’t think his climate change bill was a big deal? £300bn investment in renewables, new minimum taxes on big companies…

I’m amazed he got it through congress tbh  

Being a bit facetious tbh, but Starmer won't deliver what's needed imo. Which is complete constitutional reform. 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

I also think people are hugely overestimating the power of the legacy press here. Hardly any fucker reads them

The legacy press certainly doesn't have the impact it used, but it still creates a subliminal drumbeat for the morons to march to.

Added to which the press also has also lost the ability to hold people to account, and tell truth to power as the phrase goes, it is almost totally pure propaganda now.

More importantly the BBC has completely relinquished its role to inform, the both sidesism that brought us Brexit and climate denial, and made major figures out of Farage Johnson and ReesMogg continues unabated.

Just heard the news headlines on Radio 5 and they played a minute long clip of govt minister but quoted 10 words from Starmer. 

Most people listening would give the government side credence and just hear tac cuts. No mention of the pound or the cost of borrowing 

It's a long way from in the bag amongst the actual people whose vote matters

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

The legacy press certainly doesn't have the impact it used, but it still creates a subliminal drumbeat for the morons to march to.

Added to which the press also has also lost the ability to hold people to account, and tell truth to power as the phrase goes, it is almost totally pure propaganda now.

More importantly the BBC has completely relinquished its role to inform, the both sidesism that brought us Brexit and climate denial, and made major figures out of Farage Johnson and ReesMogg continues unabated.

Just heard the news headlines on Radio 5 and they played a minute long clip of govt minister but quoted 10 words from Starmer. 

Most people listening would give the government side credence and just hear tac cuts. No mention of the pound or the cost of borrowing 

It's a long way from in the bag amongst the actual people whose vote matters

I think that's fair enough. The thing that most pisses me off is the weight given to vox pops. But anyway, all this is happening and STILL labour are way ahead in the polls. Maybe see the glass half full instead of half empty. Seems strange me saying this. ;)

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

That cunt is MP of the next constituency to me (I've got the delights of Maria Miller!) and he's absolutely hated by the locals - does fuck all, is permanently in Westminster. Still holds a 20K majority though! Proof indeed that'll fucking vote for anything with a blue rosette round here.

6 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

People may not be buying the newspapers but they are still reading their websites. Daily Heil gets over 500m views every month.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

The Tories can never claim again to be the party of fiscal responsibility or economic stability.  

They know they're fucked at the next election.

Win win for them. Make their rich mates richer, and fuck the economy just in time for Labour taking over 

14 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I don't agree that the papers can spin this for them. The papers can lie to you about something that hasn't happened but will be great (Brexit) or something that is happening to other people (evil migrants and benefit cheats), but they can't lie to you about what's happening to you. 

They can't tell you you're better off when you know you aren't, or that you CAN pay that energy bill and do all the other things you used to be able to do, when you know for a fact that you can't. 

Eventually reality catches up with you and bites. It already is, and things are gonna get worse from here, not better. This lot are fucked. 

We are getting to the tipping point with this though. Half the country has cognitive dissonance about Brexit being great, despite the fact every aspect of their life is worse. It's like the real life version of "don't look up"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ewerk said:

She’s fucking mental.

Just read this…..it’s like she & Kwarteng are just carrying out what they outlined in their book. “That’s the plan, let’s get it done” consequences don’t seem to come into their thinking. It’s bizarre to say the least. 

11 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We are getting to the tipping point with this though. Half the country has cognitive dissonance about Brexit being great, despite the fact every aspect of their life is worse. It's like the real life version of "don't look up"

I don’t think it’s half the country but it might be enough voters in some constituencies. But unless Labour decide to make Brexit an issue pre-election, it’s not going to be a major factor in who wins the election. It is, of course, but I’m taking about the parties drawing a direct link between it and the  country’s problems. 

14 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

People may not be buying the newspapers but they are still reading their websites. Daily Heil gets over 500m views every month.

Most of it is celeb shite on their website iirc. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

the sidebar of shame is a popular feature, or so I’m told 🙄

I don’t think I’ve look at it for years like but that was the impression I had at least - celebrity bollocks on the website with the racist bile mainly saved for the print editions 

Every poll I've seen shows it's tye tories who should be the ones avoiding the Brexit issue. Meanwhile:

But doing much worse in the red wall:

And Starmer being human. I wish he'd go further and call Truss and cohort a bunch of cunts, but then I guess that would have a lot of Labour feminists frothing.

• Like 2

The thing about trickle down economics and market deregulation is that even if it were to work it takes time to do so and there’s zero chance of it happening by the time of the next election. All they’re doing is showing themselves to be the cunts that they are.

Labour on course for majority of 56, MRP poll suggests

Labour is currently on course to win a majority of 56, new polling suggests.

The polling is from Savanta ComRes. And, signficiantly, the 56-seat majority projection is based on an MRP (multilevel regression and post-stratification) analysis. MRP involves polling the public and then trying to project what that would mean on a seat-by-seat basis by taking the polling data for particularly demographic groups, and cross-referencing that against the demographic profile of every consitutuency in Britain.

Ever since 2017, when a YouGov MRP poll predicted a hung parliament when all conventional polling pointed to a Tory majority, MRP polls have been seen as particularly good guides to election outcomes.

• Like 1

And here. Note this is a 7k poll which greatly increases the certainty of the outcome. Truss is getting an inverse new leader bounce. Bedwetters of toontastic take heart!

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Its a marathon not a sprint Rents

:lol:

Can't win with you lot. Newcastle are 2 up, but the final whistle hasn't gone.

Put it this way, if its a marathon Labour is Paula Radcliffe and Truss is Jo Brand.