Politics

Christmas Tree

Given that so much of our imports are priced in USD, including energy fuels, the government have pretty much wiped out most of the extra money we'll receive through slightly lower taxes. Great work all round.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

until I see riots then im still in camp bedwetting.

I'm bedwetting cos I think the country is utterly fucked no matter who is in charge now. BoE probably will be forced to intervene today, putting up interest rates and screwing people like me on variable mortgages and with large credit card debts. 

That could involve something like a 100bps or 150bps hike in interest rates (to 3.25%/3.75%), perhaps as soon as this morning.

By bringing forward a lot of the policy tightening that might needed to have happened anyway, the Bank would demonstrate in no uncertain terms that whatever the government does it will ensure that inflation returns to 2%. This would go a long way to easing the crisis.

Good time to come off twitter again if you're on it. Half an hour on there and you'll be convinced we'll all be eating out of bins by Christmas. 

We're not designed to hear 300 people's different negative views of the future before breakfast, it's bad for you. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3

Off twitter but still reading the Guardian business blog stuff about the market reaction. Feels a bit like Kwarteng and Truss have Thelma and Louised the country off a cliff and are just sat grinning their weird grins at one another. 

Bloke from UBS saying that investors are "inclined to regard the UK Conservative Party as a doomsday cult". 

I wouldn't be surprised if there are already plans afoot to replace this fucking idiot and her cabinet of morons. 

I'm not sure the poundshop Thatcher will last until Christmas like. Then what? Another leadership race? Who will be in it, Johnson vs. Sunak? (I can see the latter's stock rising significantly because he did warn against this). Whatever happens, they are fucked in a GE but the question is what the damage will be by then. Christ I hate these cunts, I really do.  

Edited by Renton

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

How many replacements do the party of stability and economic competence get before the decent thing becomes to call a GE?

As many as they can fit in. It really is like the mackems and their managers. And we know what happened there. 

Something to cheer people up a bit - Darren Grimes has deleted every twitter post on his account (including the one calling King Charles a clown) and has apparently been sacked by GB News, whose HR team forgot to tell him. Thus, he found out himself through Twitter.

I'm sure he's not gone, but he's been humiliated, and that's something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2