Politics

Christmas Tree

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think deomcracy is better than hoping for a benovelent dictator like. And PR, done correctly, actually nullifies the issues we currently have (i.e. having an extreme right wing government despite 60% of people being liberal/progressives).   

I'd be hugely in favour of it if A) politicians were honest, 2) the Media was honest iii) the populous was better able to tell fact from fiction.

Right now, I'd be in favour of William, booting down the door to the commons, telling them all to fuck off until they get their shit straight, going all Game of Thrones on Rupert Murdoch and his ilk, and ruling the roost until the country isn't in freefall.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'd be hugely in favour of it if A) politicians were honest, 2) the Media was honest iii) the populous was better able to tell fact from fiction.

Right now, I'd be in favour of William, booting down the door to the commons, telling them all to fuck off until they get their shit straight, going all Game of Thrones on Rupert Murdoch and his ilk, and ruling the roost until the country isn't in freefall.

Sounds Good GIF by Leroy Patterson

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

William is on Rupert's side cos of Meghan isn't he? ANd its "the populous were...." you pompous doofus, 

Edited by Renton

34 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think deomcracy is better than hoping for a benovelent dictator like. And PR, done correctly, actually nullifies the issues we currently have (i.e. having an extreme right wing government despite 60% of people being liberal/progressives).   

Even at the last election Johnson’s “huge mandate” was about 44% of the 67% who actually bothered voting. 

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

Even at the last election Johnson’s “huge mandate” was about 44% of the 67% who actually bothered voting. 

And how many of them were actually voting for Johnson / The Tories as opposed to voting for Brexit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

:lol: The Tories are real Voldemorts am I right? What a party of slytherins

15 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: The Tories are real Voldemorts am I right? What a party of slytherins

No idea what you're on about, but then I haven't read Artemis Fowl.

Approached by a BBC journalist, while walking between government buildings, Kwasi Kwarteng is asked: "Chancellor, what are you doing to do about the turmoil in the markets this morning, sir?"

Refusing to answer, the Tory MP replies: "I'm not going to make any comment now."

The reporter continues, asking what conversations Kwarteng is having with the Bank of England. He also asks if the chancellor has anything to say about what's going on.

"Are you going to reverse your announcement that you made last Friday?" the reporter asks, referring to the mini-budget, to which Kwarteng says only: "I'm just going to my office now, thanks."

Why would you expect the chancellor to have any comment when the economy is going to hell in a handcart?

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The media need to be more forthright with their questioning here. "Markets are in turmoil and working people are facing huge hikes to their mortgage payments as a direct result of your policy announcements. You're the Chancellor of the Exchequer and you caused this. Now what do you have to say about it?" 

You won't get an answer but that in and of itself will be informative. 

This is a bloke who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. I'm sure it all felt like great bantz when he was at the dispatch box last week, I hope the cunt hasn't slept all weekend and is developing a world beating ulcer. This is what arrogance without substance, and overpromotion to one of the most important jobs in the country looks like. 

Get these cunts out man, I'm fucking sick of it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Cheers Kwarteng, that's any tax benefits I've gained wiped out you complete cunt. 

As I was whingeing last week about our mortgage now being £160 a month more after 4 interest rate rises since Easter meant we couldn’t sell ours, am consoling myself with the thought we’ve now fixed for 5 years…

• Like 2

I think he's gonna have to execute full scale u-turns in his full budget, if not before. They're gonna crash the housing market and plunge the country into recession in the year leading up to an election. 

I know everyone thinks that they're living out their "Britannia Unchained" best lives, but there's no way they aren't all head in hands what-the-fuck-do-we-do-now-we've-created-a-genuine-economic-crisis in No. 10/No. 11 at the minute.

They didn't know what the fuck they were doing (they genuinely thought this was going to steer the country away from recession) and now they're finding out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think he's gonna have to execute full scale u-turns in his full budget, if not before. They're gonna crash the housing market and plunge the country into recession in the year leading up to an election. 

I know everyone thinks that they're living out their "Britannia Unchained" best lives, but there's no way they aren't all head in hands what-the-fuck-do-we-do-now-we've-created-a-genuine-economic-crisis in No. 10/No. 11 at the minute.

They didn't know what the fuck they were doing (they genuinely thought this was going to steer the country away from recession) and now they're finding out.

Alternatively they know exactly what they are doing, which is worse. Many of them are making a fortune shorting the pound, and there are distressed assets all over the place ready to be picked up by these cunts. Don't get me wrong, I think it is incompetence more than outright betrayal of the country, but I'm not 100% sure. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

As I was whingeing last week about our mortgage now being £160 a month more after 4 interest rate rises since Easter meant we couldn’t sell ours, am consoling myself with the thought we’ve now fixed for 5 years…

Avbout 2 weeks ago I was umming and erring whether to switch half my mortgage to fixed from a tracker. I worked out unless interest rates hit 6% it wasn't worth it. FFS. 

• Jaysus... 1

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Has anyone ever seen such an effective and deeply plausible liar? … 

Did you hear that last comment. "I don't ttink Labour have a clear vision or path EITHER". :lol: I mean, she's admitted there they are fucking clueless. 

You've got to hand it to these tory cunts. Jobs, jobs, jobs apparently. What they've managed to do which even Thatcher didn't is to put employed people into poverty. Incredible. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Alternatively they know exactly what they are doing, which is worse. Many of them are making a fortune shorting the pound, and there are distressed assets all over the place ready to be picked up by these cunts. Don't get me wrong, I think it is incompetence more than outright betrayal of the country, but I'm not 100% sure. 

I can believe that there's a lot of money being made, but I still think it's incompetence. You don't get all the way to PM/Chancellor and then deliberately tank sterling, making yourself look incredibly incompetent in the process, in order to make money for your friends. It's just not credible that they've done this intentionally. It's way more believable that they got here through incompetence, especially when you consider the individuals involved. 

• Like 1