Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, Gemmill said:

I can believe that there's a lot of money being made, but I still think it's incompetence. You don't get all the way to PM/Chancellor and then deliberately tank sterling, making yourself look incredibly incompetent in the process, in order to make money for your friends. It's just not credible that they've done this intentionally. It's way more believable that they got here through incompetence, especially when you consider the individuals involved. 

Agreed, but if they are the sock puppets I believe they are its completely credible someone is intentionally directing them behind the scenes. 

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Agreed, but if they are the sock puppets I believe they are its completely credible someone is intentionally directing them behind the scenes. 

Exactly

Too thick to realise the ideological shit they are being fed isn't bollocks, so happily shafting the country by inflicting this crap on the rest of us

While the real ptb, the cunts who fund these think tanks, whose identities are completely hidden hoover up the proceeds.

It fucking stinks

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Did you hear that last comment. "I don't ttink Labour have a clear vision or path EITHER". :lol: I mean, she's admitted there they are fucking clueless. 

You've got to hand it to these tory cunts. Jobs, jobs, jobs apparently. What they've managed to do which even Thatcher didn't is to put employed people into poverty. Incredible. 

I’ve thought since Johnson came in these people are fully worse than Thatcher in virtually every aspect…. I fuckin hated her, as did my parents, but this cabal of fuckin swivel eyed avaricious cunts are democratically introducing Facism into the UK. Thatcher did some fuckin terrible things, but she wasn’t a fascist. This lot are dismantling checks and balances that have been in place for over 200 years, they’re without a single fuckin principle between them bar making themselves and their city mates richer. The same thing is happening in the US. This week has took us further down this “democratic coup” road than even they are post Trump. I wish I had your belief that they’ll be gone even in 18 months time but I think Brexit showed how easily persuaded average Joe is if you tug at his heart strings the right way…. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I’ve thought since Johnson came in these people are fully worse than Thatcher in virtually every aspect…. I fuckin hated her, as did my parents, but this cabal of fuckin swivel eyed avaricious cunts are democratically introducing Facism into the UK. Thatcher did some fuckin terrible things, but she wasn’t a fascist. This lot are dismantling checks and balances that have been in place for over 200 years, they’re without a single fuckin principle between them bar making themselves and their city mates richer. The same thing is happening in the US. This week has took us further down this “democratic coup” road than even they are post Trump. I wish I had your belief that they’ll be gone even in 18 months time but I think Brexit showed how easily persuaded average Joe is if you tug at his heart strings the right way…. 

Reeves questioned today whether they would even turn up for the next election. I firmly believe they won't, they know they're gone and are just clinging on to power and personal enrichment now for the remianing months/years. The only way they are in power in 2025 is if they perform an actual coup and put a dictator in place. I don't see that happening - yet. And aye, I would prefer Thatcher any day of the week. Incredible as I truly detested her. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Reeves questioned today whether they would even turn up for the next election. I firmly believe they won't, they know they're gone and are just clinging on to power and personal enrichment now for the remianing months/years. The only way they are in power in 2025 is if they perform an actual coup and put a dictator in place. I don't see that happening - yet. And aye, I would prefer Thatcher any day of the week. Incredible as I truly detested her. 

Aye, I'd rather ideologically-polar competence, than these useless cunts.

I honestly believe she thought she what she was doing was for the betterment of Britain. This trickle of sentient diarrhoea have no interest in what's actually best for the country.

51 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I hated Thatcher but she had an ideology where she believed she was ultimately making life better for most of the people. She was a cunt who just wrote off swathes of the country but you could at least understand her reasons. This lot are just in it for the power and all that comes with it. Like SpongeBob says, they can’t even grasp who’s pulling the strings and why and I doubt they’d fucking care anyway 

• Like 2

I think Gemmill was right about the current situation being different to Brexit though. Because you could spout shite about the future and enough morons would buy into it. It’s different when you’re demonstrably worse off. Also you’d need to go back to 1992 to see a higher turnout for a UK general election than we saw for the EU referendum. A significant few who voted there probably won’t bother for the next GE. I’m not hugely optimistic about it making things much better but I do think it would take something incredible for this lot to turn things around. If this budget (in all but name) is the best they can come up with they’re fucked. Even Johnson coming back is a bit meh, all he ever really had was ‘getting Brexit done’ and having Corbyn up against him

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

I hated Thatcher but she had an ideology where she believed she was ultimately making life better for most of the people. She was a cunt who just wrote off swathes of the country but you could at least understand her reasons. This lot are just in it for the power and all that comes with it. Like SpongeBob says, they can’t even grasp who’s pulling the strings and why and I doubt they’d fucking care anyway 

that's the thing about her, as divisive as she was. the reason she kept winning is she made lots of people better off. you tend to forget that if you're from one of the former mining regions she stiffed in the process. 

22 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that's the thing about her, as divisive as she was. the reason she kept winning is she made lots of people better off. you tend to forget that if you're from one of the former mining regions she stiffed in the process. 

It’s also a quirk of fptp that she only needed to do that in enough key marginals in places like the midlands though. She also bribed people by selling off the family silver cut price to fund tax cuts and all but gave away huge amounts of social housing. It was all short-term stuff really. She’s portrayed as modernising the economy to the benefit of most but she essentially kicked off where we are now. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Renton said:

Halifax, Virgin, a few others are removing all fixed rates from the market. 

This does not bode well for me, although I suppose the last thing I'm going to want to do is lock in at the high end.

Maybe I should start backing the government here, they keep pushing it up and deliver that housing crash, I might even benefit from it. I'm not actually callous enough to wish that on everyone who has homes though, so I hope it doesn't happen. But fucking hell, I don't know what chance I've really got on the property front at this point :lol:  Might just go on holiday instead.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

This does not bode well for me, although I suppose the last thing I'm going to want to do is lock in at the high end.

Maybe I should start backing the government here, they keep pushing it up and deliver that housing crash, I might even benefit from it. I'm not actually callous enough to wish that on everyone who has homes though, so I hope it doesn't happen. But fucking hell, I don't know what chance I've really got on the property front at this point :lol:  Might just go on holiday instead.

If rates go anywhere near as high as the markets are indicating there will be a huge housing crash which will be the very end of the tory party and will ultimately help you. Always look on the bright side! ;) 

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

We're in the same position - equal parts wanting the housing market to finally do something that benefits us after years of the opposite, and not wanting literally almost everyone we know to have to suffer financially purely in order for us to be able to afford to buy. Crapitalism, eh? :lol: 

Anyway, at least the Truss bounce is going well:

• Like 1