Politics

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm not sure about this personally. We've gone beyond that. No solutions to our rotten constitution, no solution to Brexit. Tinkering around the edges just doesn't cut it for me. 

he's going to set yup a state-owned energy company, so there's something 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Rupa Huq making a fucking idiot of herself calling Kwarteng "superficially...a black man" and saying "if you hear him on the Today programme, you wouldn't know he's black".

Well played daft shite, you can always rely on some dipshit in the Labour Party to help the Tories out when they're flailing. 

Tories not surprisingly are demanding removal of the whip and expulsion from the party. 

Fair play to Rayner who absolutely condemned her for it. You can bet your bottom dollar if it had been the other way around and a Tory had made such comments, it'd have been talked around rather than condemned.

How thick do you have to be to give the Tories any ammo at this point? Not that I think it’s likely to be a big deal in most people’s eyes. The Tories have got a fucking cheek as well

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

It is a ridiculous statement for her to have made - the left really need to understand that this is more about class than it is about race or gender. Class has always been the common denominator and the founding principle of inequality. Obviously that doesn't mean everything is peachy with the other areas but come on. Moreover, class is the one thing we could actually unite around properly!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It is a ridiculous statement for her to have made - the left really need to understand that this is more about class than it is about race or gender. Class has always been the common denominator and the founding principle of inequality. Obviously that doesn't mean everything is peachy with the other areas but come on. Moreover, class is the one thing we could actually unite around properly!

The idea that black people can’t come from privileged backgrounds is lazy racism. Her comments have been rightly condemned. 

Reminds me of how many on the left think all Jews are rich and white and therefore antisemitism isn’t as much of a problem as other forms of racism. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

She's lost the whip. Talk about zero tolerance. 

Good. Starmer doesn’t fuck about. Very impressed with how he nips this sort of stuff in the bud rather than handing ammunition to the opposition. The polar opposite to Corbyn 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Probably the easiest thing to do given the circumstances and give Labour back the iniative on the moral high ground but not sure what she said warrants this ans smacks of the authoitarian thought police. 

It does but at the same time what else can they do. It’s not like both parties get the same treatment from the media. Look at Corbyn’s failure to shut down the issues around antisemitism in the party. I think that was a big issue whilst also thinking it was overplayed and not treated in the same way as the institutional racism in the Tory party. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

I agree Starmer was absolutely right to kill this dead before it had legs to run with. We can't afford this nonsense, the country is utterly fucked for quite possibly the rest of our lives if we do not remove these dangerous cretins from office.

Superb article - the EU is stronger than us because of their internationalist nature, the ECB is more able to respond to what is going on than the BoE because it is simply more powerful. Long may the glorious truth rain down upon the bullshit of Brexit and it's damnable acolytes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1