Politics

Christmas Tree

On a non serious note, Kier Starmers football knowledge isn't too hot...

Had a chuckle listening to 5Live on the way to work and the presenter asked him if he would have Saka in the team and said yes absolutely.

When asked who his first choice was for up front he was like erm umm err...

Kane? The presenter asked, throwing him a lifeline.

Oh yes absolutely! He replied with relief

So Kane and Saka up front then? The presenter asked.

Kier replied... Well it goes without saying doesn't it. Waffle waffle 😂

He genuinely is into football mind. Probably just not expecting the curveball, which will now be healine news in the Sun, Mail and Express and R5 won't shut up about it. I wouldn't have a clue who England should play up front.  Still, get your priorities right. 

• Like 2

So, if this budget has to pass the commons (I don't know if it does because I can't find any information on this), do we think it wil get through considering the IMF intervention and the conflict of the BoE. Surely this will be the final straw for 40+ tories? Surely that many actually care about the country? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Ah, finally someone has put their finger on what's going on.

See previous page. Andrew Lillico got there first, Hannan isn't even original in this thought.

Meanwhile, in reality, Labour is gaining loads of corporate backers at its annual conference. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

So, if this budget has to pass the commons (I don't know if it does because I can't find any information on this), do we think it wil get through considering the IMF intervention and the conflict of the BoE. Surely this will be the final straw for 40+ tories? Surely that many actually care about the country? 

Well one of the more decent Tories certainly isn't on board.

Don't think the IMF realise who they're messing with here tbh. We're a fully sovereign nation, newly independent from the economic shackles of the EU. Britannia is unchained, we have boundless potential.

To quote a famous Tory wordsmith, the IMF need to shut up and go away.

• Haha 6

37 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Don't think the IMF realise who they're messing with here tbh. We're a fully sovereign nation, newly independent from the economic shackles of the EU. Britannia is unchained, we have boundless potential.

To quote a famous Tory wordsmith, the IMF need to shut up and go away.

The UK is tired of experts.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is unreal. Kwarteng is asking the markets not to bet against the pound. Oh, alright then Kwasi mate. 

https://news.sky.com/story/kwasi-kwarteng-to-hold-meeting-with-city-bankers-as-fall-out-from-mini-budget-continues-12706734

The problem is that he's going to be the stupidest man in the room. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the pound dropping again after the meeting.

Kwarteng is an exceedingly clever man, his PHD thesis was published as a book and is apparently ,as quite a few very learned people have commented, very good.He’s one of these that us blue collar proles often encounter in the work place though . He’s got the common sense of a fuckin park bench. It would also appear his chain is being completely yanked by the ERG. And they’re the opposite of clever, they’re ideological zealots. He’s probably in thrall to them because of the aforementioned lack of common sense :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Kwarteng is an exceedingly clever man, his PHD thesis was published as a book and is apparently ,as quite a few very learned people have commented, very good.He’s one of these that us blue collar proles often encounter in the work place though . He’s got the common sense of a fuckin park bench. It would also appear his chain is being completely yanked by the ERG. And they’re the opposite of clever, they’re ideological zealots. He’s probably in thrall to them because of the aforementioned lack of common sense :cuppa:

Hey man, don't call the ERG the opposite of clever, they have the STAR CHAMBER!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

I don't think it's anything to do with the ERG. He's been economically to the far right for quite a while. He's a true believer which makes him even more dangerous.

Yeah, but in a cabinet stuffed with nine of them who’s uttering caution?  “Britannia Unchained” could almost be their battle cry and who’s name is all over it as Rayvin said?… if he had any common sense he’d have played a longer game but I suppose the mess Johnson left them in means they thought this could buy then victory in 2024…

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is unreal. Kwarteng is asking the markets not to bet against the pound. Oh, alright then Kwasi mate. 

https://news.sky.com/story/kwasi-kwarteng-to-hold-meeting-with-city-bankers-as-fall-out-from-mini-budget-continues-12706734

Fuck me. It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic. :jesuswept: