Politics

Christmas Tree

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’ve actually looked at his timeline for the day and it’s mostly anti Tory tweets but still a few anti Labour tweets thrown in for good measure. No mention of the polls at all surprisingly.

Funny that, when you spend so much time attacking moderates and centrists that eventually they bite back.

He'll probably become a moderate and centrist himself once his balls drop. Although tbf Corbyn never developed past sixth form politics. 

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’ve actually looked at his timeline for the day and it’s mostly anti Tory tweets but still a few anti Labour tweets thrown in for good measure. No mention of the polls at all surprisingly.

Funny that, when you spend so much time attacking moderates and centrists that eventually they bite back.

It’s not even just ‘centrists’. He think he’s better than anyone who takes a pragmatic view re: ousting the Tories. All he’s arsed about is his career as a commentator appearing on stuff like the appalling Jeremy Vine show along with its regular panel of popularist cunts  

• Like 1

So the plan appears to.be to just repeatedly claim that this is a global problem and the govt is doing everything it can to make people's lives easier. Pure gaslighting basically. 

Honestly, I'm not even convinced it won't eventually work. I still don't know that it saves them, cos if you fuck people, they're still fucked whatever the reasons you claim for it. It's the lies though. 

I fucking despise these people. I hope horrible shit happens to them and all their families. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Craig said:

Has any party ever had a 33 point lead in the polls before? I can't ever recall it, not even when Blair was in the ascendency.

It's amusing but won't play out like that unless things get even worse - there's a good 180 seats that will never not be tory. 

Also don't forget Labour got 51% in 1950 and still lost - it's where you get the votes that counts not how many. 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Apparently, if interest rates hit 7%, my £1300pm mortgage would be £2100pm.

How the fuck are people supposed to afford that!? 

Truss answered this man, keep up - you get a better paying job.

43 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

She says whilst giving NHS staff a massively below inflation pay rise...

Aye so that she can give the rich a payrise, the benefit of which will trickle down to you.

Just typing this logic out again it dawns on me once more how ludicrous all of this is.

29 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

image.thumb.png.a4fa4febf900a8e5ea6001c8b07eea03.png

Anyone still clutching their pearls when people say that this fat sloppy cunt shouldn't be Health Secretary can just fuck off. 

Its almost forgotten that under the tories life expectancy has started dropping for the first time in recorded history. You've got to hand it to them. They are fucking with your standard of living, housing, and pensions, but at least you won't live as long to suffer it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye so that she can give the rich a payrise, the benefit of which will trickle down to you.

Just typing this logic out again it dawns on me once more how ludicrous all of this is.

I think the only people who would benefit from the Truss budget working in the NHS would be chief execs of large trusts. PWorks out as about 0.0001% of staff.

She could have hardly wished for a better time to do this like. 

Edit: piece of piss for her, Paul Scully however hoofed all over. Fuck her though, apparently she is now a MLF.

Screenshot_20220929_233909.jpg

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 8

Some decent needle from Richard Bacon on QT when the young First Time Buyer explained that the mortgage offer she had for 4.5% had just been pulled and replaced with a 10.5% offer. 

Bacon to Paul Scully: does that make you feel uncomfortable when you hear that, Paul? :lol:

8 hours ago, Renton said:

She could have hardly wished for a better time to do this like. 

Edit: piece of piss for her, Paul Scully however hoofed all over. Fuck her though, apparently she is now a MLF.

Screenshot_20220929_233909.jpg

If only they knew :lol: 

• Haha 2