Politics

Christmas Tree

I mean I don't want anyone to get hurt, but these arseholes need to get a taste of the strength of feeling in the country, and if that means feeling a little bit uncomfortable whilst protected on all sides by police, so be it. 

They're very quick to tell us what people outside of the Westminster bubble think about stuff. This is one way for them to find out. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I mean I don't want anyone to get hurt, but these arseholes need to get a taste of the strength of feeling in the country, and if that means feeling a little bit uncomfortable whilst protected on all sides by police, so be it. 

They're very quick to tell us what people outside of the Westminster bubble think about stuff. This is one way for them to find out. 

Remember Tebbit and "Get on your bike?". That was telling people to move to gain employment, pretty disgraceful and he was hated ever afterwards to the extent he got little sympathy when the IRA nearly blew him up and crippled his wife. 

Well, the tories have now got people who are actually working, sometimes more than one job, into 80s levels of poverty. Amongst other tories, their chair, Jake Berry, tells us what the solution is. Just get a better paid job.

It's no wonder they're so hated and if they keep up this shit then violence is almost inevitable. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-conference-jobs-bills-economy-b2190968.html

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

Imagine trying to explain to these people the concept of a vocational career or one you choose because you enjoy it? 

Nope, give it up and become a hedge funder. 

• Like 1

It's a humiliation for the Tories but it's going to paper over the fact that all the other tax cuts are also a terrible idea during a period of rampant inflation. They're just as clueless as before and have only been forced into this because it was becoming clear that even Tory MPs wouldn't vote for it.

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Maybe it’s that she stays and Kwarteng is forced out? She stabbed him in the face on this precise issue in her interview with Kuensberg yesterday :cuppa:

Then Gove delivered a hatchet into Truss's head just afterwards. 

Has anyone bothered with This England? The drama series about the UK's response to Covid with Branagh playing Johnson? 

I've watched the first episode and its good so far. Interspersed with news footage so it really transports you right back to that time. 

I'm more convinced than ever now that I had it on 16th Jan 2020. First confirmed case in France was 24th Jan, England a few days later, so easily possible that there were unconfirmed cases prior to that. 

Plus a bloke in our office went to Milan in early Jan and came back coughing all over the office. Symptoms the same as what I've just had but they were much worse, presumably because of no vaccine and the virus being more deadly then. 

So basically I've gone from being fucking rock for not getting it til last month to being FUCKING ROCK for defeating the killer strain before anyone even thought it was here. 

I'll be doing an AMA later. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Has anyone bothered with This England? The drama series about the UK's response to Covid with Branagh playing Johnson? 

I've watched the first episode and its good so far. Interspersed with news footage so it really transports you right back to that time. 

I'm more convinced than ever now that I had it on 16th Jan 2020. First confirmed case in France was 24th Jan, England a few days later, so easily possible that there were unconfirmed cases prior to that. 

Plus a bloke in our office went to Milan in early Jan and came back coughing all over the office. Symptoms the same as what I've just had but they were much worse, presumably because of no vaccine and the virus being more deadly then. 

So basically I've gone from being fucking rock for not getting it til last month to being FUCKING ROCK for defeating the killer strain before anyone even thought it was here. 

I'll be doing an AMA later. 

I'm two episodes in. One of the things the program did was explain what exponential growth was. As a so-called accountant, I'd have thought you might grasp what this means. If somehow a hermit living in the provinces managed to get it in January 16th then the profile would have been COMPLETELY different. Anyway, if you want to go on spouiting your wolfy nonsense I suggest putting it on the covid or Flat Earth threads. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He’s a proper little weasel, Gove, isn’t he? 

He is but at least he has a semblance of competence. Which I know makes him more dangerous in many ways.

Edited by Renton

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm two episodes in. One of the things the program did was explain what exponential growth was. As a so-called accountant, I'd have thought you might grasp what this means. If somehow a hermit living in the provinces managed to get it in January 16th then the profile would have been COMPLETELY different. Anyway, if you want to go on spouiting your wolfy nonsense I suggest putting it on the covid or Flat Earth threads. 

Dickface. When they put on screen figures like:

Reported daily cases: 23

Actual daily cases: 16,805

Is it really beyond the realms of possibility that when reported cases were 1 (a week or so after I'm saying I got it), actual cases were already a huge multiple of that? 

No, it's not. Also that smoggie cunt in my office brought it back from Italy which was "4 to 6 weeks ahead of the UK" and sprayed it all around an office that sat 15 people. That's how I got it. 

Now shut your face. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Dickface. When they put on screen figures like:

Reported daily cases: 23

Actual daily cases: 16,805

Is it really beyond the realms of possibility that when reported cases were 1 (a week or so after I'm saying I got it), actual cases were already a huge multiple of that? 

No, it's not. Also that smoggie cunt in my office brought it back from Italy which was "4 to 6 weeks ahead of the UK" and sprayed it all around an office that sat 15 people. That's how I got it. 

Now shut your face. 

Okay, so given there was no social distancing at that time, can you trace who you would have inevitably given it to or who else your mate from Milan infected? Was there an early spike in Teeside? None of this fits the data of what actually happened and if you want to rely on shit anecdotes I suggest you join the conservative party. 

• Haha 3