Politics

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

Yeah I focused on Major as he was renowned for his lack of education as he left school at 16 with 3 O-levels.

The only reason she's a first generation comprehensive school student is because of the generation she's come from. She's still studied at Oxford.

Yeah, that's true. For this purpose Grammar schools are de facto comprehensives as there is no way a PM is coming from a secondary modern background. Starmer went to a Grammar incidentally. I don't see it as a problem what school you went to with the exception of the Elite private schools like Eton which are ridiculously over represented and landed us recently with cunts like Cameron and Johnson. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol:

What we need is to select our PMs from elite private schools, maybe somewhere like Eton instead? Why haven't we tried that? 

Want to hazard a guess where Kwasimodo was educated? :lol:

25 minutes ago, Craig said:

Absolutely. Has she forgotten about John Major? Stupid fucking cow.

Think he went to a grammar school. It was a state school though. 

• Like 1

Liz Truss was wrong when she claimed in her conference speech that she was the first prime minister to have gone to a comprehensive school. Gordon Brown went to a comprehensive secondary school (Kirkcaldy High School), while Theresa May’s school was converted in a comprehensive while she was a pupil there - Holton Park Girls’ Grammar School, in Oxfordshire, became Wheatley Park Comprehensive School in 1971, two years after May enrolled. The education secretary at the time was Margaret Thatcher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh well, she's a flat out liar then. This is another stick to hit her with. What it shows is her complete lack of attention to detail. Like not scanning the lyrics for "Moving on up". I wonder if she got permission to use that song too, I can see that being an embarassment to come. 

Edited by Renton

Talking of which, predictable. You know these tory cunts really need to get one of their own to do their stage music, somebody like Nick Hucknall or Gary Barlow:

image.png.911605446383d81a4fcdb89679bf74ba.png

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Oh well, she's a flat out liar then. This is another stick to hit her with. What it shows is her complete lack of attention to detail. Like not scanning the lyrics for "Moving on up". I wonder if she got permission to use that song too, I can see that being an embarassment to come. 

I remember Thom Yorke of Radiohead threatning to sue the living shit out of Tories if they ever dared to use his music. 

Just now, Craig said:

I remember Thom Yorke of Radiohead threatning to sue the living shit out of Tories if they ever dared to use his music. 

Shame, I think some of Radiohead's music would suit them well! 

This is canny Trumpian isn't it? 

I will not allow the anti-growth coalition to hold us back.

Labour, the Lib Dems and the SNP …

… The militant unions, the vested interests dressed up as think-tanks…

…The talking heads, the Brexit deniers and Extinction Rebellion and some of the people we had in the hall earlier.

The fact is they prefer protesting to doing.

They prefer talking on Twitter to taking tough decisions.

They taxi from North London townhouses to the BBC studio to dismiss anyone challenging the status quo.

From broadcast to podcast, they peddle the same old answers.

It’s always more taxes, more regulation and more meddling.

Out of touch with reality. 

Edited by Renton
  • Jaysus... 1

More on M People, so Labour used this previously with permission, the tories didn't bother so it couldn't be legally stopped.

Also:

And these lyrics, the opening verse of the song ffs :lol: are certainly apt:

You've done me wrong, your time is up
You took a sip from the devil's cup
You broke my heart, there's no way back
Move right out of here, baby, go on pack your bags

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Renton said:

More on M People, so Labour used this previously with permission, the tories didn't bother so it couldn't be legally stopped.

Also:

And these lyrics, the opening verse of the song ffs :lol: are certainly apt:

:lol:

Moving On Up: M People founder livid song was used by PM - BBC News