Politics

Christmas Tree

:lol:
How the fuck would that work? 

Would Rishi just sit on one of her shoulders, like a parrot, slagging off Johnson and Truss until they also get kicked out in a few weeks? 

Call a fucking election man, woman man. 

• Haha 1

Yeah the Tories really need to grow up here if this is the plan. You fucked up, you backed the wrong horse, fuck off and call a GE. There is no democratic process that can achieve what you want to achieve here. Fuck. Off.

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

So I'm not totally sure which bits of this were aimed at me - clearly I've not said anything about the referendum not being democratic, or that it should have been ignored or overruled so I assume from what you've said that those were to address others. I'll just sit those bits out and tackle the above.

You're saying it in response to my comment, that if people are not factually informed on what they're voting for, not educated as to the implications, and are basing their voting on a gut feel, that they should not be allowed to vote.

I stand by that comment and disagree that it's of the same nature as people not being allowed to vote based on physical attributes or class. People voting based on make believe and 'gut feelings' while ignoring evidence and analysis are not engaging in any useful sense with democracy or indeed reality. They're engaging in narratives and lies that have been prepared for them by the elites who know how to weaponise their ignorance. I do not believe people voting based on this shoddy framework should be allowed to do so.

If 52% of the country had voted for Brexit based on an evidence based position that I may have disagreed with but could at least logically comprehend in terms of what they wanted and how this action would deliver that, fair enough. What we got though, was people voting emotionally for some nebulous concept around sovereignty that has no tangible practical impact on their lives, all the while claiming that it wouldn't hurt us and that claims that it would were project fear. And to be really clear on that, I have gone as far as to say that I understand and forgive that initial decision, based on the bollocks they were served up and lacking the political awareness to parse it at the time.

Once the pain arrived though, those people have then lacked the maturity to acknowledge this, and have instead doubled down - all the while claiming that their emotive and insecure opinions, devoid of analysis or evidence, are of equal validity to those of people (not me) who actually know what they're talking about after years of study and expertise in related fields. Experts, as it were. They are trashing our framework for reference by refusing to acknowledge that our society rightfully values educated and experienced voices and their opinions in policy making, choosing instead to simply listen to anyone who says what they want to hear. This makes them childlike in their judgement. And consequently, not fit for the serious civic duty and responsibility of voting.

There is a reason support for democracy is falling amongst younger generations - it's not because they're being radicalised by China or authoritarianism, it's because the whole process is a complete joke that prioritises emotive nonsense (used to provide cover to corporate/Russian interests) over practical, rational outcomes that could make people's lives better.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/apr/10/young-adults-loss-of-faith-in-uk-democracy-survey

So again, I stand by what I said.

Dissallowing people votes , is not democracy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scoobos said:

Dissallowing people votes , is not democracy.

I'm not necessarily advocating for democracy. I want something that will improve people's lives.

Democracy in its current form is broken and prioritises pandering to idiocy ahead of practical, rational outcomes. And as the link I provided shows, I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Voting on gut feel is not something I will ever respect in any sense.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, scoobos said:

if the campaign is bent so be it

Just catching up here but fucking hell man. What the fuck is the point in democracy if people aren't provided with the factual information they need and instead are subjected to propaganda from Putin's sock puppets? The fact the actual votes are correctly counted in that context is irrelevant. You know what, that gives the illusion of democracy but instead is the exact opposite. I'd honestly prefer not having democracy under these circumstances. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I love how all the free-marketeers finally have one of their own in office and when they try to implement their batshit ideas suddenly it's the free markets that are wrong.

as a free marketer you surely have to accept it when the market thinks you fucked it 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If you've never heard the sound of the bottom of a barrel being scraped then here's two minutes of it. Kriss Akabusi ffs. :lol: 

Tbf he should know all about not having credibility 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

as a free marketer you surely have to accept it when the market thinks you fucked it 

Just like free speech, isn't it? 

"We want Free Speech! "

"Tories are scum"

"No, not like that!"

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I love how all the free-marketeers finally have one of their own in office and when they try to implement their batshit ideas suddenly it's the free markets that are wrong.

It's ALWAYS someone elses fault with this lot of cunts. Which has culminated in the ridiculous notion of the coalition of anti-growth, which now includes the markets themselves, and is basically anybody who doesn't agree with the batshit Truss. I'm glad were nearing the end game now. 

• Like 3