Politics

Christmas Tree

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Truss is an absolute calamity. 

For an outsider it’s unbelievable she was made PM. If this was a comedy it would still be brilliant because of the absurdity.

In reality I wonder if it’s still funny or has already reached a point where I have to be sorry for you.

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

For an outsider it’s unbelievable she was made PM. If this was a comedy it would still be brilliant because of the absurdity.

In reality I wonder if it’s still funny or has already reached a point where I have to be sorry for you.

The good thing that will (hopefully) come of this is that she will have destroyed the reputation of the party, and for at least a decade or so we won't have to worry too much about them. 

Tell you what she’s got some record:

Killed the Queen 

Killed the economy

Killed the Tories

all within 6 weeks. Grim Reaper has fuck all on her

• Haha 3

I was listening to PM on Radio 4 earlier and they were interviewing a Tory MP (I forget who) who was asked if we needed a GE. “Absolutely not!” was the reply … "the Labour Party clearly want one but that’s understandable…" So the question was rephrased "if we polled the general public right now, would they indicate a GE was needed?”

He responded with two words. "Yes, probably"

Even they know we need a fucking GE. They’ve been pushing policy that is completely at odds with the manifesto they were elected under. Their mandate is null and void.

I mean this has been superb. This is 100% the party they've always been - a professionalised and well spoken calamity who are able to appeal to the orcs who vote for them, but they've always managed to hide it behind a very controlled, tight grip on there many inadequacies. Unfortunately, Truss is the inadequate to end all inadequates. And the fact that I'm saying that post-Johnson is utterly incredible to me.

She is the Gollum to the Tory Party Sauron. I cannot wait for the moment when she falls into Mount Doom due to her refusal to let go of power, and consequently blows up the eye of fire through which the Tories interact with the rest of us.

I would, from a Labour pov, (and this would play really well with the public) keep saying the Tories haven’t got the balls to call a general election and don’t trust the voters to decide who should be PM. That’s the only fucking drum I would bang at this point. Keep it that simple. 

• Like 5

Lads, it WAS a confidence vote after all. I look forward to Kwasi Kwarteng and Teresa May receiving "appropriate disciplinary action" for not voting with the government. 

After everything that happened last night, you'd think they would just want to forget about it and hope that everyone else does too, but nope, let's drag it all up again and alienate more of the party. 

Please continue. 

• Haha 1

Newsnight in Sunderland last night with live studio participation. Second person they spoke to was a learning support assistant from Newcastle who declared himself a member of the Conservative Party, claiming that what the party does best is come together during a crisis. 

I don't know how he makes it out of the staff room alive with patter like that. Imagine being in a profession ruined by these cunts and being completely blind to it. Get him away from the kids ffs. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

There's the list. I'm sure Dorries will be chill as fuck about being reprimanded herself, but she might murder someone if Boris Johnson gets reprimanded. 

Like he was ever going to jet back from the Caribbean for the vote. You know, actually doing his job.