Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, Renton said:

Honestly man, the country is truly fucked. I can't remotely enjoy yhe ride. Listening to R5 now, he got Brexit done, best vaccine roll out in Europe, blah, blah. AGAIN. I thought we'd seen the end of this shit. 

Aye it's painful, no doubt about that. Appalling, distasteful, and yet also the true face of the Tories. The longer that's held up in front of people the better.

Still not convinced this is going to happen though.

Why have we also forgotten that next month he might be found to be in contempt of Parliament and actually lose his seat? 

The veteran Tory MP Sir Roger Gale said yesterday:

We need to remember that Mr Johnson is still under investigation by the privileges committee for potentially misleading the House. Until that investigation is complete and he is found guilty or cleared, there should be no possibility of him returning to government.

Because you know what will happen if he is PM? He will subvert the process and stay on as PM, of course. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Why have we also forgotten that next month he might be found to be in contempt of Parliament and actually lose his seat? 

Bring it on, sounds even better :lol: 

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Bring it on, sounds even better :lol: 

It's not though is it? He won't lose his seat because he will change the rules. He'll rip up every institution from within. He's too dangerous to be given the chance to do this. 

• Like 2

The BBC like the rest of the news media is a business looking for an audience.

Nothing guarantees listeners/viewers/readers like Boris Johnson, so we are 100% guaranteed wall to wall Bring back Boris vox pops because whats what drives interaction.

The impression that the nation wants him back is reinforced in a circle of bullshit

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's not though is it? He won't lose his seat because he will change the rules. He'll rip up every institution from within. He's too dangerous to be given the chance to do this. 

He'll bend the rules somehow I'm quite sure but he's not going to rip up every institution - he'll be too busy presiding over the absolute clusterfuck that will be the Tory Party. I'd be amazed if he manages to do anything, half his fucking party will walk out upon him winning by the sounds of it :lol:

We're off the deep end now anyway, may as well see this spectacular implosion through to the end. There was a delay to Brexit destroying the Tories but, have to say, their eventual meltdown has been very enjoyable so far.

I'm going to add as well - other than mismanaging the pandemic and Brexit, both of which he had considerable help in from the very people he's up in against in this leadership race, what did he actually do? Broke trust in politics blah blah no one had any left anyway. Institutions were broken by Brexit - I mean I'm just saying really, other than scandal after scandal, crisis after crisis, his rule was fairly benign in terms of policy. Unless I'm forgetting something particularly noteworthy.

And as a further note, he'll be on holiday half the time.

I suppose I just don't understand why you see him as so much worse than Sunak - a man who stood shoulder to shoulder with him throughout literally all of that, a man who backed Brexit from the womb by the sounds of it, and a man who is so rich he has no comprehension of the challenges faced by normal people whatsoever. Sunak is just a competent Johnson. Why would we want a competent Johnson?

• Thanks 1

The whole media make out Boris left because the 1922 commission were gonna change the rules.  Totally glossing over the fact he's a lying cunt and also got his sex offending mate a job.  But thats Britain in 2022.

Well fuck.. It's going to happen isn't it - we're basically been shown that we have fuck all power and its all just a sham.

For a government that keeps on talking about a war in Ukraine - we don't half have our trousers down at the moment. 

I am NOT a putin apologist , on one hand we're arming Ukraine with long range weaponry and training troops during a slowly escalating conflict (which is exactly what has been angering putin for a decade or so, NATO weapons on what he wrongly sees as his borders) - and then on the other hand we have absolutely ZERO diplomacy. Everyone is involved in the soap opera and not doing their jobs . It's bad enough we've mismanaged the economy, but we would be fools to go blind on Putin. Ben Wallace has better things to be doing right now than doing PR for the party.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Broke trust in politics blah blah no one had any left anyway.

This is another version of "they're all the same". I disagree. Johnson systematically has attacked or currupted all our institions in government, including the system of democracy itself. I don't recall Cameron or May doing this, and I don't think Sunak would.

Anyway, one thing is for certain, I get no say in this. Best I just put my headphones on and listen to music rather than the utter bullshit on the radio. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Renton said:

He doesn't lose his seat anyway, he just gets suspended from the Commons. Which he will take as meaning he just doesn't have to be subject to scrutiny. 

But again, the country will see this as more toxic behaviour from the pillock. And calls for a General Election would become deafening if the actual PM got banned from the HOC. 

PS Labour MP is getting a FOUR WEEK SUSPENSION for SERIOUS SEXUAL MISCONDUCT. 

4 weeks ffs. I don't know the details but I know that 4 weeks and serious sexual misconduct don't go together. Hoy the cunt out of the party. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

4 weeks ffs. I don't know the details but I know that 4 weeks and serious sexual misconduct don't go together. Hoy the cunt out of the party. 

He's just resigned. Fuck me my posts have got some potency. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mean I'm just saying really, other than scandal after scandal, crisis after crisis, his rule was fairly benign in terms of policy. Unless I'm forgetting something particularly noteworthy.

Here's a few, done by his cabinet during his leadership.

Rwanda 
Levelling Up (was actually give money to Tory voting middle class areas)

"Global Britain" Very quietly joining Donald Trumps AUKUS. Deregulation of food standards, water quality standards etc.

The police, crime, sentencing and Courts Bill

The sewell report 

Covid response (not the scandal the actual response)

HS2 scaled down 

Healthand Care Bill 
The Nationality and Borders bill passed. (take away all legal routes and make it legal to treat asylum seekers differently based on how they entered, whether it was *cough* a legal route or not).

Building Safety bill amendment (you have to pay up to 15k towards removing unsafe building materials etc)

The Judicial Reivew and Courts Bill (restricts the public's ability to get courts to rule against government policies)

Things he wanted to do but didnt.

Attempts to bring in Voter ID (thankfully sacked first)
Leave the Geneva convention for refugees and the EUCHR

I always flinch a bit when people say he's done fuck all - because he's done so much all at once and none of it is good imo. It's been done by creating so much noise that you can ram loads of other stuff through with a majority while no ones looking.

Perhaps a point based immigration system - but I doubt the motives when we are guaranteeing India migrant work).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

The BBC like the rest of the news media is a business looking for an audience.

Nothing guarantees listeners/viewers/readers like Boris Johnson, so we are 100% guaranteed wall to wall Bring back Boris vox pops because whats what drives interaction.

The impression that the nation wants him back is reinforced in a circle of bullshit

Not unlike ‘a nation mourns’ in many ways. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If he hadn't bailed, he would have been recalled by his constituency party and binned anyway, that's the way it works (unless you are a Tory fiddler obviously).

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is another version of "they're all the same". I disagree. Johnson systematically has attacked or currupted all our institions in government, including the system of democracy itself. I don't recall Cameron or May doing this, and I don't think Sunak would.

Anyway, one thing is for certain, I get no say in this. Best I just put my headphones on and listen to music rather than the utter bullshit on the radio. 

Yep, that's the new propaganda line isnt it - it's so easy to spot - it worries me about the standard of education overall, that it appears to work on the majority.

At least they've been self aware enough to drop the line "credibility / credible" 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

He shouldn't be allowed to stand. 

In other news the Pakistan Election Commission have just disqualified Imran Khan from standing for parliament for 5 years on account of ‘corrupt practices’. 

Sound familiar?