Politics

Christmas Tree

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Albania dishing out the ultimatums now to a cut-adrift United Kingdom. :lol:

What was it Obama said when campaigning for the referendum was underway? "Be careful what you wish for - you're currently near the front of the queue. If you vote to leave the union, you'll be heading straight to the back."

He wasn't wrong.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

All the gammons that voted Leave to keep out “the bloody Albanians and Eastern Europeans!” after hearing this…

28A6F6DB-7A83-4C5D-8CB4-D8D654512963.gif.d355f3527e6d746359f5ee62111bbd16.gif

Tbf, that's what they're like about literally anything :lol: 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Exactly, stop this freedom malarkey. Bring back the feudal system.

Makes me feel sick knowing these cunts represent us internationally. 

I'm well versed in the reason Starmer won't face this insanity head on, but the latest polling shows people are now ovewrwhelmingly in favour of rejoining the EU and FoM. Yet somehow these cunts still think its a positive to campaign on, boasting about cutting our freedoms. I honestly struggle to understand it. 

45 minutes ago, Renton said:

Makes me feel sick knowing these cunts represent us internationally. 

I'm well versed in the reason Starmer won't face this insanity head on, but the latest polling shows people are now ovewrwhelmingly in favour of rejoining the EU and FoM. Yet somehow these cunts still think its a positive to campaign on, boasting about cutting our freedoms. I honestly struggle to understand it. 

Who's in charge? Rishi Sunak or the ERG? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

Who's in charge? Rishi Sunak or the ERG? 

Well Sunak is a well known brexiteer so he's aligned with the ERG on this matter. But my point is why is this seen as a vote winner? I think the latest data I saw were the electorate overall were 2:1 in favour of rejoining the EU. Ignoring the fact the EU won't have us now, why does Sunak think boasting about him having taken our FoM away helps him, and why isn't Starmer just a tiny bit braver in challenging it? Like I say, we have done this to death but maybe Labour is afraid of shadows here. 

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

:jesuswept:

Surely the best solution is to drain the seas. No more boat crossings - Brexiteers happy. UK now part of continental Europe - Remainers happy. Sorted :good: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Well Sunak is a well known brexiteer so he's aligned with the ERG on this matter. But my point is why is this seen as a vote winner? I think the latest data I saw were the electorate overall were 2:1 in favour of rejoining the EU. Ignoring the fact the EU won't have us now, why does Sunak think boasting about him having taken our FoM away helps him, and why isn't Starmer just a tiny bit braver in challenging it? Like I say, we have done this to death but maybe Labour is afraid of shadows here. 

I don't think they're concerned about 'vote winners' any longer. I think they've accepted the next GE will end in a landslide defeat and therefore they're purely focused on getting their vile rhetoric and ideology pushed through. And this is what I find most dangerous and concerning of all - what have they got to lose when they don't think they do anything but lose?

I acknowledge your point on Sunak being a Brexiter, but I still thing the ERG are calling the shots. Braverman being reappointed after 6 days is the prime example of this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

Surely the best solution is to drain the seas. No more boat crossings - Brexiteers happy. UK now part of continental Europe - Remainers happy. Sorted :good: 

What should we do, build a (couple of) wall(s)? :lol:

15 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

We need a new ice age and the return of Doggerland! Doesn't look very likely with climate change unfortunately. As an aside I find it fascinating the map looked like this only 10,000 years ago (a blink of the eye in geological timescales).

image.png.389326f211c2c6f4dcf5af1e2e323e54.png

1 hour ago, Craig said:

I don't think they're concerned about 'vote winners' any longer. I think they've accepted the next GE will end in a landslide defeat and therefore they're purely focused on getting their vile rhetoric and ideology pushed through. And this is what I find most dangerous and concerning of all - what have they got to lose when they don't think they do anything but lose?

I acknowledge your point on Sunak being a Brexiter, but I still thing the ERG are calling the shots. Braverman being reappointed after 6 days is the prime example of this.

Imagine the leader of a western nation being at the beck and call of Mark Francois and co., man :lol: the Tories deserve to face oblivion for that in itself 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Imagine the leader of a western nation being at the beck and call of Mark Francois and co., man :lol: the Tories deserve to face oblivion for that in itself 

Indeed they do, but it's the fucking reality IMO. Francois - highly vociferous during Brexit negotiations barely makes a peep these days. Why? Because he's got his stooges within the cabinet and is getting his way.

It's fucking apalling. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Craig said:

Indeed they do, but it's the fucking reality IMO. Francois - highly vociferous during Brexit negotiations barely makes a peep these days. Why? Because he's got his stooges within the cabinet and is getting his way.

It's fucking apalling. 

Wasn't Frank involved in some sexual inproprietary, hence the low profile? He's not some kind of mastermind imo. 

Edited by Renton