Politics

Christmas Tree

Fucking hell :lol:

Like most Brexiters, Paterson has never been fond of the European court of human rights – although of course this court is not part of the EU.

But, in the light of his decision to launch legal action, Paterson may be glad the government never followed the advice of the prominent Tory who gave a speech in 2014 saying the UK should break free of the European convention on human rights, on which the court adjudicates. That was Paterson himself.

• Haha 4

Got to take a day off next week, we have a PIP assessor coming to assessor my brother. My dad used to deal with it and my mam doesn’t feel happy to do it alone.

My brother had a massive brain haemorrhage, he is quadriplegic, cannot talk, cannot care for himself at all.

What a massive waste of time for everyone involved. Still, got to tick those boxes to make sure someone is getting £100 they aren’t entitled to

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, strawb said:

Got to take a day off next week, we have a PIP assessor coming to assessor my brother. My dad used to deal with it and my mam doesn’t feel happy to do it alone.

My brother had a massive brain haemorrhage, he is quadriplegic, cannot talk, cannot care for himself at all.

What a massive waste of time for everyone involved. Still, got to tick those boxes to make sure someone is getting £100 they aren’t entitled to

Be careful with these cunts. Take a quick look at the pip descriptors and be aware that however much you think they couldn't possibly not award your brother there's a good chance they'll try to not do it. 

https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/welfare-benefits/pip-mental-health-guide/help-with-your-pip-claim/what-are-the-pip-descriptors/

My missus has just had to fill one in and hoping she'll not have to go to their joke of an assessment. At least this time we're forewarned after having to take them to an independent tribunal five years ago. They're not above lying and holding back letters to limit your time to appeal, gather evidence etc. Tory lead cruelty. Best of luck. :good:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 3

Aye, made my sisters life hell which just worsened her mental health. Still, they gave her what she was entitled to once she was diagnosed with less than 6 months to live, credit where its due. They are utterly callous and devoid of empathy. 

• Sad 1
  • Jaysus... 2

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, made my sisters life hell which just worsened her mental health. Still, they gave her what she was entitled to once she was diagnosed with less than 6 months to live, credit where its due. They are utterly callous and devoid of empathy. 

It's utter cruelty, no two ways about it. It's why any labour infighting batters my head, get your shit together and get these despicable cunts out and remember you represent the people. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 4

Luckily (or unluckily), there’s no dispute over my brothers condition and his ability to get “ready for work” so I’m not expecting much resistance.

The fact they make people

jump through these hoops is mind blowing mind, hope everyone else in on this shit show is doing ok.

• Like 1

Indyref2 is dead in the water. Supreme court have stated it cannot be held without UK government consent. 

PMQs might be interesting later.

Edited by Craig

I think Sturgeon willbe relieved. She can rightfully keep up the anti-democratic narrative, which will keep the party in power for the foreseeable. But all the opnion polls show that the Scots are not ready for another referendum at the moment. Plus, surely she has to learn from the mistakes from Brexit and make a super majority a requirement? A divided Scotland won't work as an independent state.

On the other hand, presuming Labour do get in power and things get better the opportunity may be lost. Of course, Labour could ensure this by offering consitutional reform (PR, federalisation), but won't. Ultimately I believe Scotland are better off out, but the transition will be very painful. I'd personally prefer them to get on with it so I can retire there when the economy is sorted out. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Absolutely clueless.

I find this one utterly appalling TBH. She's admitting there's no safe means for a child refugee to join a legally residing sibling in this country. These fucking snakes, man! It boils my piss. 

• Like 1

I know it’s already been said and she was just put in the role because of her political beliefs but she must’ve been about as much use as a chocolate teapot when she was attorney general

I see the hotels in which asylum seekers are staying are being targeted by sexual predators. In part at least due to Tory MPs naming the locations in Parliament. 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I see the hotels in which asylum seekers are staying are being targeted by sexual predators. In part at least due to Tory MPs naming the locations in Parliament. 

That cunt Gullis being top of the list. I would at all be surprised if some of them are of the opinion that they’re here illegally so they’re on they’re own. No matter how horrendous that sounds. Fucking Tories, man.

• Like 1